RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband takes meticulous care of his 2008 Vulcan2000; stored every year during the winter, maintained before he rides every spring, etc. The bike only has 17K miles and it broke down during his second ride this season. Shop that stored it and did the annual maintenance said it is a major failure with the driveshaft and pulley. I read somewhere else that the belt tensions on the Vulcans are very sensitive and if not done right can cause issues with the driveshaft. Now we are facing a potentially expensive repair (still waiting on an estimate 3 weeks later). Is this a known issue with the Vulcan2000? Anyone else have this happen to their bike?

·
Gold Member
572 Posts
It is a known issue. Kawasaki had a service bulletin that covered early Vulcan 2000s, but not up to 2008, I believe. I'll link a document. You may be able to print it and show your local dealer (to show that you are aware that Kawasaki knows they had faulty parts). It's probably not a "covered repair" at this point, but Kawasaki may assist you by paying for the parts or a portion of the repair. LINK: VN2000 failure

1 - 2 of 2 Posts