·
West Coast Moderator
12,994 Posts
ABS?!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No..the old bandit sucked. This one "might" have some redeeming qualities. Tom the single thing I don't like about the ZRX is no FI. Hard to believe that the old Bandit out sold the ZRX. :doh
And ABS brakes...not sure I want a chip messing with my brakes :pcbash:
Gary

·
Registered
131 Posts
Billet Z1K said:
No..the old bandit sucked. This one "might" have some redeeming qualities. Tom the single thing I don't like about the ZRX is no FI. Hard to believe that the old Bandit out sold the ZRX. :doh
Gary
The bandit will be available without ABS for those that think they can out perform a computer. Not sure why folks think the 'old' bandit sucked. Got my '03 1200S as a new left over for just a few bucks more than I paid for my ill fated '01 zr-7s. The bandit is inexpensive fun and if the new '07 turns out to be a smoother more refined example of the previous generations Suzuki will again have a winner. The U.S. market didn't embrace the bandit but folks that actually use their bikes for transport i.e. uk/european riders love the bandit.

I'm glad suzuki decided to update the bike and bring it back to the US. If you're looking for something with more sport than get a true sport bike, lord knows suzuki makes a few of those. The bandit is the only big japanese standard bike around, honda's 919 is nice but it's a bit tight for full sized folks and it lacks things like um....centerstand, wind protection, liter plus torque.

Hopefully history repeats itself and folks will shun the bandit here and I will be able to pick up one at a discount. Yeah , gee that new bandit does suck doesn't it, please keep spreading the word. :hah:

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,811 Posts
Billet Z1K said:
Tom the single thing I don't like about the ZRX is no FI. Hard to believe that the old Bandit out sold the ZRX. :doh
Gary
I agree with that, but I have never owned or ridden a FI'd motorcycle. I guess I don't know what I'm missing. There is so much that I like about the ZRX that I'm glad to own not just one, but to go and get another. Save the ABS for the cages.... Tom :agree:

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,811 Posts
camelotknight said:
Hopefully history repeats itself and folks will shun the bandit here and I will be able to pick up one at a discount. Yeah , gee that new bandit does suck doesn't it, please keep spreading the word. :hah:
I like the way you think....and I may want an '07 Bandit if the ZRX should meet it's demise someday down the road...stuff happens and I just might find a need for a good replacement.....

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hopefully history repeats itself and folks will shun the bandit here
Not to worry the standard bikes will be shunned. They cant seem to give them away. I am as guilty as anybody.. those race replicas look cool but they suck after the first mile. Sales are made off of magazine tests. The standards never get a fair shake. Always compared in a negative way to the "real bikes"
After the snow melts next year I will throw a leg over the bandit and give it a look. It doesn't look like the new Z has 400 HP or hovers in mid air like we thought it might :killingme
Besides I started on a Suz 1100.

But as for out performing a computer with the brakes....I make my living beating on these pieces of crap. Not a week goes by one of them doesn't throw a fit. I could just see that on bike brakes :kick:
Gary

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
Hello all, saw the article in Motorcyclist on the new Bandit. They even happened to have a Bandit 1200 in the "Smart Choices" collumn of good used bikes, so you can compare the pics of old and new right in the same magazine!

I love the new engine look, liquid cooling, silver rather than black-out, upped displacement. Hope the power is good, should be. Like the new "old" styling. Very reminiscent of the ZR-7 look, sporty/retro, UJM al la 2000's. Don't like the front forks(though the article said inverted, they are not). Do like ABS. What's wrong with ABS fellas??? I think that would be a perfect option for a bike such as the Bandit.

Anyhow, like the color, seat, fairing. Price is nice. This bike has become a contender in my wish list book for sure.

The new Z1000 is just So Boy Racer, it's almost unbarable.

·
Super Moderator
3,329 Posts
Hey Tony.... Long time!!

MedZR7Treker said:
Anyhow, like the color, seat, fairing. Price is nice. This bike has become a contender in my wish list book for sure.

The new Z1000 is just So Boy Racer, it's almost unbarable.
I am inclined to agree with Tony's comments. If I were shopping for a new standard, this Bandit would certainly be on my short list. Particularly with the stateside demise of the Z750S. I had a chance to see a couple at our last ROTR and really liked the bike. So I was saddened to not see it offered in the states this year.
I cross shopped both Bandits (600 & 1200) back in 2002 when I ended up with my ZR-7S.

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
Tha Bandit looks like a ZR-1250S! ;) Very Zepher-like, very standard layout. I'm awaiting the full magazine reviews. They'll probably try and compare it to the supersports in terms of power, then say it's a great all around bike even though it's "under powered" according to them. Sounds like it will be higher on the torque, lower on the HP, which is good for street riding.

I'm interested in where the engine comes from, lineage....

·
Gold Member/Community Dad
5,741 Posts
MedZR7Treker said:
This wishing has got to stop. How long has it been my man??? :rant

·
Registered
704 Posts
The 07 Bandit looks like a sweet bike in many angles, and the $8,300 price tag is also very nice, but the 500lb weight is a bit much.

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,140 Posts
I like it too, but what are they going to call it? The B12 and 1/2 or the
B-twelve fiddy? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
704 Posts
Billet Z1K said:
Yea but...its a light 500 :cool:
Gary
That reminds me an add I saw once. It went like this " Harley for sale ..... 40,000 low miles.....".
In comparaison to 40,000 high miles??? it's a bargain. :2far:

·
Gold Member/Community Dad
5,741 Posts
Zwewe said:
The 07 Bandit looks like a sweet bike in many angles, and the $8,300 price tag is also very nice, but the 500lb weight is a bit much.
the 500lb may look like alot but if you were looking Concours, FJR, Honda St but wanted some lighter this would very desirable.

1 - 20 of 505 Posts