RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R Gas Cap Is Stuck It wont Open, Any Suggestions I have tried everything with no luck i searched every where was told to remove hidden screw i don't see any hidden screw any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
btw - he said he used WD-40, but I reckon rust penetrating spray might be more effective.
Thanks i already watched that video i cant find any information in how to remove the cap without it being unlocked. I guess I'll keep trying with lubricates cause my lock doesn't move at all no wiggle or anything

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
i cant find any information in how to remove the cap without it being unlocked.
I guess you also saw the video of the guy who totally destroyed the tank cap....try to avoid that course of action and keep trying with the hammering and the lube - it might take a while, but it should work....also try putting your key in the lock and spraying penetrating oil around it as you gently try turning it back and forth.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess you also saw the video of the guy who totally destroyed the tank cap....try to avoid that course of action and keep trying with the hammering and the lube - it might take a while, but it should work....also try putting your key in the lock and spraying penetrating oil around it as you gently try turning it back and forth.
I been trying for a week i spend at least an hour a day trying, i don't even get a wiggle the tumbler don,t move at all i'm gonna keep trying

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Update: Finally got it, a lot of patience and WD-40 took 2 weeks but got it
Glad to hear it. Just as an aside - WD-40 on it's own isn't really a good penetrating oil - that's why the WD-40 company actually sells a seperate penetrating oil spray. The WD stands for Water Displacement. That's why I recommended a true penetrating oil.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Update: Finally got it, a lot of patience and WD-40 took 2 weeks but got it
To be frank, if you had used some actual penetrating oil, it would have taken maybe a couple of days at most with repeated applications. WD-40 is a water displacer, not an actual lubricant and definitely not in the same league as penetrating oil. Get some good quality spray lubricant and make sure you toss a spritz into the key hole once every couple of weeks. More if you live or ride in dusty conditions. It takes all of 5 seconds, but the savings are when you never have to spend 2 weeks trying to get the cap off again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts