RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there you guys i am having a big issue with my idle it wont go down at all i need to get my hands on a KAWASAKI NINJA 650R Full Service & Repair Manual 2006-2008 on a budget due to the crisis man i would love for you guys to help me i am at the point were it hurts to see my bby hurting.

Add comments on what u think it could be thank you. Hope to get responses quick

·
Registered
109 Posts
I’m assuming you’re adjusting the idle screw on the right side of the bike. Does your throttle move freely and have you tried adjusting the cable to it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already did that man it wont even bring it down it only gets it going more i pulled it l in and liftle by little and it wont stop

·
Registered
354 Posts
All the manuals can be downloaded from here
The 2009 one is the same engine and same procedures will apply

If the idle is going upit means more air is making it past the throttle blade than is being metered. If the idle is going down it means the opposite

Get a water spray bottle and spray a light mist in and around the throttle bodies (leave the airbag on for this so you don't ingest water.
You might hear the idle go up or down when you spray near a leak. Also you may have lost one of the caps on the throttle bodies. Have you inspected any parts yet? Take the tank and air box off and have a look. One of the hoses or caps may have come off

It could also be as simple as the throttle not returning back to closed. Check youre throttle cables, your throttle tube and handlebars for smooth operation

In this photo you can see my two throttle bodies. The hose usually only goes to one of them . On mine I split that hose with a T piece and the MAP sensor now reads both and gives me smoother low end operation. The hose on the second throttle is where the caps would be
Check the hose for cracks etc

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All the manuals can be downloaded from here
The 2009 one is the same engine and same procedures will apply

If the idle is going upit means more air is making it past the throttle blade than is being metered. If the idle is going down it means the opposite

Get a water spray bottle and spray a light mist in and around the throttle bodies (leave the airbag on for this so you don't ingest water.
You might hear the idle go up or down when you spray near a leak. Also you may have lost one of the caps on the throttle bodies. Have you inspected any parts yet? Take the tank and air box off and have a look. One of the hoses or caps may have come off

It could also be as simple as the throttle not returning back to closed. Check youre throttle cables, your throttle tube and handlebars for smooth operation

In this photo you can see my two throttle bodies. The hose usually only goes to one of them . On mine I split that hose with a T piece and the MAP sensor now reads both and gives me smoother low end operation. The hose on the second throttle is where the caps would be
Check the hose for cracks etc
I still can't seem fo find the problem with it tbh

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Hey there you guys i am having a big issue with my idle it wont go down at all
I had a similar problem with a different bike years ago. Turned out it was a frayed return throttle cable. Try disconnecting the return cable and see if that helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts