RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys got an opportunity to get a 2006 z750, it's fuel injected, 6 speed, basically a newer version of my 2001 anything to look out for on these or reason not too?

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I don't really know enough about the z750 to comment other than the regular things to check (tires, brakes, oil / coolant leaks, accident damage, maintenance history etc.)

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Technically this is not a ZR7s. They have a dedicated forum for the Z750. Water and oil don't mix well in this forum. Law don't go 'round here, savvy?

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Will you keep both for the long haul? The newer bike has some pretty cool lines. I had a black bike to go with my red at one time also, but ended up getting rid of the newer black one (2011 Concours). Hard to beat that red one. Obo and I also have that dark smoke ZG screen. Good luck with it!

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
I feel you! My wife says the same thing but I do have two already. Just can't sneak a third one in on her.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Just paint them both the same color and tell her she's seeing double?

I'm holding at 2 currently but keep being asked why I need 2. Luckily they are somewhat each different from the other, plus it's "not a good time to sell a bike right now" :)

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Now that you have both a Z and a ZR, do they feel similar to ride or different? I had been looking at the z750 before I went the Honda ST1300 route. :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm in love with the z750s to me it's the perfect all arounder, def improvement over zr7s.
Throttle response is awesome being fuel injected, more power, 6th gear, liquid cooled..
I started it up this weekend 30 degress farenheit and it idled like it was 70 outside so hard to beat..🤷‍♂️

Handles a brakes a lot better!
I'm very happy with it

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'm in love with the z750s to me it's the perfect all arounder, def improvement over zr7s.
Throttle response is awesome being fuel injected, more power, 6th gear, liquid cooled..
I started it up this weekend 30 degress farenheit and it idled like it was 70 outside so hard to beat..🤷‍♂️

Handles a brakes a lot better!
I'm very happy with it
…..come on guys, the ZR-7 engine dates back to 1976, and it sold for 30 years......and still it has its charms related to simplicity on both counts, looks and operation.....what are we going to be saying about the Z750 40 years from now???

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I won't be saying anything I imagine lol

·
Registered
682 Posts
The Z750 is pretty light, but I don’t remember how much lighter than the ZR7. Definitely punchier. Each has its charms.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Will you keep both for the long haul? The newer bike has some pretty cool lines. I had a black bike to go with my red at one time also, but ended up getting rid of the newer black one (2011 Concours). Hard to beat that red one. Obo and I also have that dark smoke ZG screen. Good luck with it!
Red bikes go faster.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts