RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I got some sliders for my 2006 Z750S that are supposed to go in the left and right upper engine mount holes.

Are there threads in the frame-holder holes or engine mount hole? Or just the nut? In other words does the bolt pass through the holes so it can only thread the nut?

Has anyone else put sliders on on the upper engine mount bolts? If so, did those bolts come out with ease for you?

Update:

Still haven't touched it. Too many other bike forum posts about engine mount bolts getting snapped inside. Does anyone know if the upper engine mount bolts on the 2006 Z750S thread into anything other than the nut? Does the bracket or the engine mounts have threads? If there is pressure on the bolt(not turning easy) then is it most likely caused by a misaligned engine putting pressure on the bolt and/or the steel bolt reacting with the aluminum engine mount hole? Totally don't want to plonk my bike just to put sliders on.One thing that looks like I could try but it would be a bother is remove the fairing and fairing bracket and remove the two bolts from the frame bracket which then would relieve any pressure from a misaligned engine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK. Got up the courage tonight to try it again. Started on the other side with the impact wrench. The bolts were almost loose enough to turn my finger. It came out pretty easy. I'm pretty sure the bolt just passes through to the nut, i.e. it doesn't thread into the engine. I started with it jacked up a sliver and the back wheels up on a stand. But the holes became misaligned enough that the bolt wouldn't go in and I started to fret. Took the read stand off and let it go on the kickstand. Used the bottle jack and 2x4 and that got the hole aligned. New slider bolt went in with the anti-sieze slathered on it. Then took the impact wrench to the other side before I tightened the first. Finally the puppy came off not so bad. Bolt definetaly had some corrosion. Thankfully engine mount area didn't shear off like I have seen an internet picture of. New slider bolt with anti-sieze slid in and tightened them both down.

Included picture of corrosion of right mounting bolt and the finished product just cuz I'm happy to have mission completed.

20160313_210653.jpg

20160313_211807.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts