RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just bought the bike a month ago and recently dumped it and tore a hole in the stator cover so I am getting ready to replace it and add oil just dont know which kind to get.. Cant seem to find a definitive answer... Any help would be appreciated.. If I cant figure it out I might just sell it for $1500 and take the loss :\ Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Gold Member
564 Posts
Oil is one of those subjects where everybody has an opinion, and they're all different. Some people are using Diesel oil in varied weights. Some use motorcycle specific oil. Others use certain types of car/truck oil. Basically, what you want to avoid is any oil that says "Energy Conserving" on the back where the API labeling is. Many motorcycles use a wet clutch design, which is in the engine case with the engine oil. Energy conserving oils have friction modifiers that can cause clutch slippage or chatter.

I am biased in my opinion. I used to be a Rotella Diesel oil user until I tried Amsoil in my Honda. It helped my shifting feel so much that I ended up becoming a dealer for Amsoil products. If you'd like to see what Amsoil offers for your bike, check out this page: https://www.amsoil.com/lookup/motorcycle/2006/kawasaki/z-series/750/us-volume/?zo=5889580

If you just need to top off what you've got, you can pick up a quart of 10w40 or 20w50 and you should be OK. Neither should be energy conserving, and will get you by until your next oil and filter change.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I broke a stator cover on mine a few years back had to pick a couple pieces of aluminum out of the case after removing the cover. I fished around in there with a magnet a bit to get them, apparently I got them all cause it's still running 3 years later, just saying look around if all of the aluminum isn't still attached to the broken cover. Any jaso M rated oil 10w40 or 20w50 for hot climates is fine, the jaso rating M is for motorcycles and is fine for wet clutches.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Glad your moto is running good. Just thought I would add that aluminum is not magnetic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts