RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have done some searching for digital gauges for the 650r and it doent appear that they make them as an aftermarket upgrade. So I am betting that you have to use a gauge cluster for a zx6 or something of that sort. what kind of modding does this require and where can i get the parts to do this mod? I know I have seen it in pics on this forum before but im not exactly sure where to get these parts or how to do it any info. would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Chad.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have been very curious of this same thing Egoarmy, I have decided to go with the LCD Unit, with my Power Commander. It shows RPM's, MPH's, and real time display of what your commander is doing.. Just a thought for ya..

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that the digital gauges from the '09+ will work except the gas gauge won't work.

There are also several "universal" units out there.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
You can use an 05 636 gauge as a plug and play replacement. Everything works just fine, although the speedometer readout is low by a factor of 8. It can be corrected with a speedohealer.

I believe there is a whole series of that gauge that should work in addition, i.e. the Z1000 version with a closer redline, as well as the versys.

old discussion: http://riderforums.com/showthread.php?t=43817

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have been very curious of this same thing Egoarmy, I have decided to go with the LCD Unit, with my Power Commander. It shows RPM's, MPH's, and real time display of what your commander is doing.. Just a thought for ya..
Any pics?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Here is a photo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts