·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kawasaki Ninja 650R 2006-2009 ZX-6E

Front End Suspension Set Up

This Kit will include the Following items:

• ZX-6E Right and Left Forks

• ZX-6E Right and Left Brakes with pads (used)

• ZX-6E Axle

• 1 Set of Vortex 41mm Clip-ons

• $250 + Shipping From 18041 Zipcode

Adjust preload and damping and enjoy twice the stopping power

These are a pair of 2001 ZX-6E fork tubes that will slide right into your triples (41mm) on the 2006-2008 Kawasaki Ninja 650R. They are about an inch longer than the stock ones so they will sit that much higher above the top tree to maintain the same geometry. The benefits: ability to set preload (sag) and damping, and the option to put clip-ons above or below the tree. They are, in a word, awesome.

The other, perhaps even greater, perk to this package are the 2001 ZX-6E calipers with EBC scintered pads. OH...MY...GOD! I'm not sure the math is right but double the pistons must mean twice the stopping power. It's not scary either. I was able to brake so much later with so much more confidence. The reason these are useless outside this package is because the mounting lugs had to be machined for the caliper to be centered on the brake rotor on the Kawasaki Ninja 650R. I used the stock bolts but put two SS washers under the heads. This Package is also going to work with your Stock OEM Factiry Rim & Tire off the Kawasaki Ninja 650R. You are not going to have to track down a rim off of the ZX-6 Bike as you would need to for other Swaps. Get the kit installed on day you get the package and go riding soon after.

You will need to have to get a set of brackets to be able to mount the Factory Front Fender to the ZX-6E Fork Tubes. But that will be the only thing that will need Fab work inorder to install the Fender.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Pics would be appreciated.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts