RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know this bike vibrates a lot for everyone and I've gotten used to it, but this weekend I was riding and was almost home and noticed that the vibration almost is gone. It usually gets to vibrating really bad at about 6k RPM them gets better when going higher but I rode it the next day and there is almost no vibration. The bike seems fine and runs well still, so does anybody know if something is wrong or is it just something that fixed itself?

Thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
Interesting how the vibration seems to have went away. Hopefully it did for your sake, but I wouldn't be surprised if it came back. I owned a 2006 Z750S for one year and put 10,000 miles on it and the vibration was the main reason that I got rid of the bike. I tried several remedies of getting rid of the buzz, but was unsucessful. There was a stand alone Z750S forum back in that time and a lot of owners were going to great lengths to get rid of the buzz. It had a strong motor, but the front suspension was not adjustable and brakes were fairly weak compared to subsequent bikes that I've owned. It was a nice bike for what it was, but some people swapped out major parts of the bike and probably had more $$ in them than they could've purchase a Z1000 for or another bike. It isn't hard to do, as with any bike.

Happy riding and I hope the buzz stays away. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
vibrations

So I know this bike vibrates a lot for everyone and I've gotten used to it, but this weekend I was riding and was almost home and noticed that the vibration almost is gone. It usually gets to vibrating really bad at about 6k RPM them gets better when going higher but I rode it the next day and there is almost no vibration. The bike seems fine and runs well still, so does anybody know if something is wrong or is it just something that fixed itself?

Thanks
hy,
at the beginning of 2016 i selled my Yamaha Fazer and buyed also a 750S.
the vibras drive me crazy so i opened the front and could locate where the buzzing Sound come from.
the following parts makes the buzzing Sound:

1. frontlight cover rubs on the upper side of the front light
2. windshield nose rubs on the plastic Clip
3. the plastic around the speedmeter is very thin, it vibrates at a Frequenz around 5000 to 6500
4. the 2 Buttons on the speedmeter vibrates also at 5000 to 6500

At Point 1 and 2 you could Clip a Sound damping film from a noise blocker film for pc Systems.
Point 3 could cleared if you stick some plastic on the backside with a plastic glue. so ist stronger and dont vibrate anymore.
Point 4, if your button Rattles, you could open the speedmeter and fix These Buttons with tesa films or such material.

Hope that will help if it come back.
Sry for my english, ist not my home language

·
Registered
155 Posts
Ended up "totalling" my 750 a couple months ago and noticed on the rebuild a lot of the mirror vibration comes from the way the upper stay bracket is connected. I think removing the 3 rubber grommets between the upper and lower fairing bracket would cure the blurry mirror problem these bikes produce. I won't be testing that theory since I'm going more street fighter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts