RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to try to keep this short.
Yesterday, I got side swiped by a car going home. afterwards the person booked it [their right mirror clearly hit/probably heard the contact noise.] they took off and I then proceeded to follow- and they brake checked me, but I kept enough following distance and avoided hitting the back of them. they proceeded to take me on a wild goose chase until they messed up trying to dupe me making a left hand U-turn and gave me EXACTLY what I was following them for- his Tag # and the Instagram sticker on his ****ing side window for the police/insurance. dipped off as soon as I had what I needed.

Anyways this person was BOOKING it. trying their VERY best. my clutch I suspected was already on its last leg- when in gear the RPM's would drop about 200RPM below idle. with the clutch pulled all the way in. and when put in neutral it would raise 200RPM above the OEM idle speed because I have to keep the idle turned a tad up to keep it from stalling out when in gear pulling the clutch in and letting off throttle.

But now I have almost NO first gear. I have a spare plate set from another z750 engine a bad MAP sensor sent to the grave yard. Have that being mailed to me tomorrow. I'm worried the shift gears forks [at least 1] is completely gone. as I've already been inside one of these engines- that is not something I'm willing to take on. anyone with any mechanical experience with these engines have any ideal on the issue here exactly? It shifts positively fine to neutral/2/3/4/5/6th and doesn't really feel like a heavily slipping clutch. but while first gear use to have a nice heavy detent/clunk into it.. now it makes the faintest of noise when I can get it to drop into 1st- and the shift lever has almost no movement into it. so I'm at a loss here- not doing anything until my ordered gasket/clutch disc come. so just came here for someone else who might of have this issue in the past.

· Registered
990 Posts
Wow, lots going on here. Glad you are not lying in a hospital bed with a bullet hole in your side.

To aid in troubleshooting, put the bike up on the center stand. Engine off. Right hand on the top of the rear tire and gently rotate the tire back and forth a few degrees. While doing this, use your left hand to move the shifter and engage first gear. Then back to neutral. At some point Kawasaki added a neutral finder that locked out second gear and I'm not sure which models have this. Try to shift through the gears and back to neutral. All shifting sounds are typically good mechanical sounds. Does first gear engage and prevent you from rotating the wheel?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts