RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Just picked up an '04 Z1000 2 weeks ago, put 500 miles on her this weekend and definitely felt the pain from the seat...was wondering if any one has any suggestions for cheaper option but still effective aftermarket seats or mods. I saw Corbin has a few pieces but I'd like to know if there are any other options out there (gel etc) and what your experiences are.
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all,
Just picked up an '04 Z1000 2 weeks ago, put 500 miles on her this weekend and definitely felt the pain from the seat...was wondering if any one has any suggestions for cheaper option but still effective aftermarket seats or mods. I saw Corbin has a few pieces but I'd like to know if there are any other options out there (gel etc) and what your experiences are.
Thanks
I can't recommend enough the work done by Spencer at greatdaytoride.com. I have a 13 z1000 and last year I could hardly put 100 miles on if I wanted to be able to sit the next day. My wife's Yamaha Star Bolt wasn't much better. I had his mod done last winter to both and now we don't even think about the seats. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would highly recommend the Corbin, it's a night and day difference. I had Corbins on other bikes and it didn't make that big of an impact but on the Z it's a huge difference.

·
Registered
779 Posts
or lesser sweep handlebar.. off loads the butt.. i did not do any seat mods and i am loving the 4hr ride when changed to a lesser sweep handlebar renthal street low

1 - 5 of 5 Posts