RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is an awesome bike that I thoroughly enjoyed on fun rides as well as a commuter. Now this motorcycle has to make room for a car.

If you are looking for a street bike or street fighter, this bike is a great choice! It has the power and speed of any 1000cc road bike plus the power commander and pipes to maximize the performance. Yet at the same time the raised handle bars, higher windscreen, a smoother rear shock and the seat upgrade make it plenty comfortable for longer rides, even with a passenger. Plus it still has the looks if you pull up next to a cafe racer at the bar around the corner.

This 2003 Kawasaki Z1000 with 25'227 miles on it has been very well taken care of and also has received a few upgrades:
-Muzzy dual pipes exhaust that sounds awesome (not too loud for neighbors but plenty for cars to hear you ;)
-PowerCommanderIII and custom map (comes with cable and software to remap too)
-Corbin rider seat (original also included)
-ZX6R shock (original also included)
-Powerbronze windscreen (a little higher = less wind in your face)
-12v accessory outlet
-GPS Ram X-mount (fits iPhone / smartphones well)
-Fender eliminator/undertail
-LED blinkers all around
-Bar end mirrors (original also included)
-a few parts have been resprayed in semi-gloss black
-Ninja carbon effect tank sticker

Maintenance:
-REAR TIRE NEW IN JULY 2016
-Oil and Filter change in February 2016
-K&N Air Filter in May 2015
-Battery in January 2015
-Front Tire in late 2014

There is a scratch and small dent on the tank, that a barely noticeable from a few steps away. And of course there are some signs of use.

I'm originally a Yamaha guy but I'm only letting this go with a heavy heart as it is a fun machine. I'd take it over any Harley Davidson or other cruiser any day. While it has a similar feel to ride, it is much more cost efficient than a Ducati Monster. The closest comparable bike would be the Yamaha FZ1 but that has a big shell in the front and the Z1000 looks significantly slicker. Bikes like Ninja R1 R6 and Honda CBR are all less comfortable to ride.

$3,600

This Bike is located in Los Angeles, CA.

IMG_4495.JPG

IMG_4505.JPG

IMG_4481.JPG

1 - 1 of 1 Posts