RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Super Sherpa. It belonged to my late son and I have been trying for several years to get it running. Sort of a tribute thing. He bought it as a shuttle bike for his canoe racing. Anyway, it had 500 miles on it seven years ago and has 500 miles on it now.

I have been waiting for months to get a part for moths from two very reliable parts houses. Kawasaki has slipped the availability date numerous times.

Does anyone out there have access to any junked Super Sherpa 250’s? The part I need is the air outlet horn that goes from the air-box to the carb.

Any help would be appreciated.
thanks,

Den Terwilliger

·
Super Moderator
2,401 Posts
I have a 2003 Super Sherpa. The part I need is the air outlet horn that goes from the air-box to the carb.
The bike was re-released in 2009. The part number for the intake for the carb is the same for both models. #14073A. Babbittsonline has it in stock.

·
Super Moderator
2,401 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks very much. Neither Babbitts on Partzilla has it. Kawasaki still has it back-ordered. This time the response fro Kawasaki says. “No-eta”.

I really appreciate you guys.

·
Super Moderator
2,401 Posts
I have a 2003 Super Sherpa. It belonged to my late son and I have been trying for several years to get it running. Sort of a tribute thing. He bought it as a shuttle bike for his canoe racing.
You know, I get that it's a tribute bike, but do you think that he would be disappointed that it wasn't exactly as it was? Maybe he would think that it's cool that you have even tried.Think about adding an aftermarket pod air-filter and getting it on the road while you wait for the never-arriving elusive genuine part - just a thought.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts