RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two (2) Frontier Fire and Steel Saddlebags - Chubby (wide). These are the Kawasaki branded bags. One set was mounted and used for one season and re-boxed. The second set have never been out of the box, except to physically inspect. These are bolt on leather bags. See a descriptive link I found on the internet, below.

I have the mounting brackets for the Saddle bags - Kawasaki factory mounts

I have a full set of tin/plastic in the Purple factory paint scheme. Excellent condition.... EXCEPT the tank has some dents .... I think both sides... still need to get down from the shelf and re-inspect.

I have the Factory Exhaust. I used this exhaust system for less than one riding season. I had a warranty issue with my DD Big Straights, and while I was waiting for a replacement set of pipes, (awesome 2 into ones), I had the factory pipes (with goat bag) mounted.

SEATS - MUSTANG - I have the Studded two piece Mustang Seats with matching tank and fender bibs. I put 10-12,000 miles on these seats and they look brand new. Anyone who knows Mustang Seat quality, will agree that they just don't wear out. They have remained boxed ever since the bike sold.

I have the Memphis Shades mounting hardware and two size shades. I can't remember the style names.... but one is the shortest and the other is slightly larger. I am 5-11 and the shortest cleared my shirt collar and the taller cleared my chin.

I have Stock Turn Signals - front and rear

I have the gas tank Meanstreak badges - both left and right

I have some Chrome accessory covers... the chrome cover for the foot controls .... I may have some more... need to look.

History ... I bought this bike new in May, 2003. I sold it in May, 2006. Prior to selling the bike, I put the factory seat on it and pulled off the windshield. The stock exhaust and the bags and other accessories were already in the garage. I dropped the bike in my garage once and experienced a mishap when hauling in a trailer - that's why I needed a replacement tank. I could not find a single replacement tank in the purple color at the time, so I ended up buying a complete new set of paint. That's why the tank is dented and the other paint is pristine. I have two sets of Saddlebags due to the gracious love of my three kids one Christmas. My son knew for months that I wanted a set. But he did not know I had ordered a set and had already mounted them about a week before Christmas! So, I did what any Father would do, ... I never told them about my set! <smile>

I don't have detail photos of the items in their current condition. But I will get that done ASAP. I have attached a few old photos that illustrate what I am selling.

I don't have pricing yet. I will hope to have that finalized soon too.

Please reply with any interest you have and request for any additional information you may need.

I will ship the items from Charlotte, NC either through USPS or UPS. The least expensive routing at the buyers expense.

Let me add .... I have owned three more bikes since I sold this one. ... A Honda Gold Wing, a Harley Davidson/Thunder Mountain chopper, and a big motor custom built Bobber. NONE of these three bikes were as much fun to ride as the Meanie! I regret ever selling it!

Thank you ............

Link to read up on the bags:
Kawasaki Fire and Steel Frontier Chubby Saddlebags, Studded - Vulcan Models Kawasaki Fire and Steel Frontier Chubby Saddlebags, Studded - Vulcan Models

Attachments

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
I think you should just buy another Streak. That was one studley bike you had.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Dang, if your tank bib and fender bib weren't studded, I'd be interested. Very pretty bike. I am interested in your Fire and Steel strut covers. I've been looking for a set of those for a while now. How much? Zip code is 84404 for shipping.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
I actually like that look.

I could consider the seat & bags as an option since I need to get my Young Guns recovered. Might be a little much since I already have bags, though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dang, if your tank bib and fender bib weren't studded, I'd be interested. Very pretty bike. I am interested in your Fire and Steel strut covers. I've been looking for a set of those for a while now. How much? Zip code is 84404 for shipping.
Hey, ...... sorry this is so late. The strut covers are required to use the "saddle bag - stand off bar .... for lack of a better word. The strut covers and the stand off u-bars and long bolts all work as a unit. You then "bolt the hard back leather bags to the "unit" using the supplied bolts and large washers.

I have two sets of leather saddle bags... essentially both brand new, and I was hopping at least, to sell one set of the bags with the strut covers, u-bar stand off, and the bolts as a set. ..... Who knows if that is going to happen or not.

I really need to get my butt in gear and get these items off the shelf and get some actual photos and put some pricing on these items.... I will keep your information available.

By the way ... I know what you are going through ... the mfg, made adding saddle bags to this bike a nightmare if you did not buy into their system.... and I would bet... that their "system" is no longer for sale!

I will keep you posted!

John

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually like that look.

I could consider the seat & bags as an option since I need to get my Young Guns recovered. Might be a little much since I already have bags, though.
You will love the mustang seat. I don't know how tall you are, but the shape of the primary seat puts your butt into the bike. When you add the passenger seat, it adds that much support and when you kick full power....your butt goes where the bike goes... absolutely no slipping back. This seat worked so good, that when I later designed a seat pan for a custom bobber, I used the Mustang seat as a template.

The bags and the bibs that match the seat make a nice unit.

It's been almost 10 days since you first responded.... I apologize for that.... I am not getting notifications, like I thought I would.

Let me get the actual photos together and put a price up for the bags/seats/bibs as a set. I can cut the price some if I sell you the set of bags that I used one season.

Thanks again and I hope you had a good Thanksgiving.

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts