RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the battery and checked the fuel pump it still will.only start if I add starting fluid.

·
American Legion Rider
90 Posts
Then you need to check your fuel delivery system. From tank to piston. The need for starter fluid says you are not getting fuel. Plugged fuel filter if it has one or plugged carburator passages requiring cleaning and rebuild. Even a possible collapsed or pinched fuel line.

BTW...ditch the starter fluid and use carburator cleaner. It's much safer for gas engines. Starter fluid is for diesels. I don't think your engine diesel. :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
All Mean Streak's are fuel injected, not carbureted.

·
American Legion Rider
90 Posts
You still have a fuel delivery system problem. Could be the fuel pump isn't working so check your fuses. Turn the key on to see if you can hear it. If you can then check the injectors.. Might want to check the fuel line to the injectors fist to make sure fuel is getting to them and you don't have a blockage upstream like potentially a screen filter in the tank or an external filter. But ditch the starter fluid in favor of carb cleaner. You can potentially do a lot of damage with that stuff. Your own safety as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts