RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious if anyone here has experienced starting problems relating to the starter relay/solenoid. I have tested the relay and it is the problem. I have searched everywhere for a replacement, but the OEM parts are unavailable. I was wonder if anyone knows of an aftermarket replacement they can recommend.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Never had a problem with the relay or starter (knock on wood) and never had mine out to look at.

I found one here: just check it's the same as your bike and not a mislabled z750 unit as this one looks square not round

$3.90 US + postage.

Here's a round one US $5.09 49% OFF|Starter Relay Solenoid for Kawasaki KFR 750 KFR750 KRF750SBF KRF750SBFA 2011 KLF400 4X4 93 95 ZR550 ZEPHYR 550 90 93-in Motorbike Ingition from Automobiles & Motorcycles on AliExpress

Here's one that is similar for a NV700A. I'm sure Kawasaki made these (or bought them from someone else) for a few different bikes. I highly doubt they'd have a one off made for these bikes.

If you didn't want OEM fit and finish you could use most starter solendoids but may have to adapt the wiring to work. They key is finding one that handles high current (the starter draw.) Other than that it's just a relay.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yeah.. these go bad. I found one online for less than USD10 (incl shipping) but the contacts need modifying. Been ok for the last two years. A weak battery will increase wear on the relay contacts and also the starter clutch. Keeping the battery in good condition is the best way to save wear on the starter components.

From Lazada

Anilv

1 - 3 of 3 Posts