RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the Kawasaki brand and I am trying to see if there are any pdf. service manuals available for my bike. I have questions like choke will not stay pulled out is there and adjustment? It feels like it is under spring tension when its pulled bike will start and run if I hold choke out. If I release choke it goes back in by itself and wont start.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Welcome. Is this a carbureted model? I think the Classic uses the same engine as the Mean Streak, which is fuel-injected. I could be way off base, but assuming it's basically the same....

The choke is really just a fast-idle adjustment that opens the throttle a little. Check under the right-side air cleaner and see how the throttle pully moves with the throttle, and you can see it move if you pull the "choke" also. (You should be able to remove the choke & pass it through to the right to make it easier to watch it work.)

I'd start by checking that the throttle has just a little play in it, it should move 1/8" or so freely before pulling on the cables. Maybe also there's something loose on the TB where the choke is attached so it's not holding position. That's about all I can think of, on the FI bikes it's a really simple mechanism.

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
Looks like there are both carb and FI classic 1500s for 2002.

Figure out which one you have and then do a Google search?for the service manual.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a carburetor model and I have not had any luck finding a pdf service manual..... Just dont know if I was looking in the right place I figured one of these forums could lead me in the right direction.

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
2002 vulcan 1500 e service manual pdf

That is what I put in Google and got some potential hits. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts