RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking to get a tank bag for my 2002 Mean Streak, but not sure what I should look at or get. There are tons out there, but not sure how it will look or ride. Anybody else have a tank bag for their Mean Streak and what did you go with? Looking for options here.

Thanks in advance!

Matt

Edit: Guess I should mention what I need to put in there. This is mainly to be used for when I commute to work. I would be putting a rain suit and lunch bag in there.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Jimmy has told me had one of the Joe rocket tank bags fit prefect.

Bluebomber i think some people have used windshield bags and mounted them to the driveshaft cover.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The one I use is Cycle Gear's brand called Sedici.
It has 4 strong magnets and is about as big as I would want to use on the MS.

The clear plastic pocket is not large enough for my HTC M8 cell phone, but my garage door opener fits in there just fine.
The larger compartment fits my gloves, bluetooth headset, insurance and registration and any other "stuff" I need to take with me.

Then there is a medium sized zipped pocket that I keep other odds and ends in.

The 2 "wings" that have the magnets to the left and right of the main bag can be pushed in so they are on more of the flat area of the tank rather than on the rounded edges. This is not a large tank bag, but I don't carry much. I really just needed it to carry my insurance and registration as I don't carry a wallet.

I think the price was about $50.

tank_bag.jpg

·
Registered
1,087 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That bag is massive. I do like that you can take some of the pockets/pouches off.

Thanks for pointing this out.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
it is only that big if you need it to be. I will try to find a good picture. it sinks down almost flat

·
Registered
112 Posts
2 days??? Looks like a week!
What happen to the exhaust? Different in the pic than the signature.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
well...
the bag on the luggage rack has 3 days of clothes for each of us (missouri weather is hard to explain)
the saddle bags had nothing in them when we left the house (they hold random food/drinks from stops and then souvenirs found along the way)
the tank bag holds the gps, phones, wallets, first aid supplies, cigarettes(not anymore!), and anything else i want to take with us that is small enough to fit lol

my wife has many collections and loves to go antique shopping so storage space is a must. although with the same setup and an extra bag on top of the luggage rack we went 11 days on route 66. this year we are going from chicago to california on 66 and mailing our souvenirs home during the trip.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ok, I'm an idiot. I don't know what I was thinking as far as exhaust.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts