RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was wondering if anybody could help with my problem and maybe some suggestions in how to fix it... Bike starts fine then I shift into first and let out on the clutch but the bike won't move... Tried shifting into second but it only goes into neutral... I haven't taken anything apart yet to look for the problem... So your guess is as good as mine

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,140 Posts
The bike has a positive neutral finder that is why it wont go into second gear when standing still.

As far a not moving in first. We'll assume the bike rolls in neutral. Put it in first and see if you can push the bike with the clutch out. You should only be able to rock it back and forth a little then it should stop. If it rolls freely then you likely have either a clutch or transmission problem.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
id think clutch issues before anything else as far as problems go...as its not only the most used and abused item its also the easiest to check

put her up on the center stand....with the engine off spin the rear wheel by hand while trying to get it into 1st...if it works you wont be able to spin the wheel.....after a few trys if you still cant get into 1st try the same thing and try for second..if the tire stops you got a major problem somewhere between the select drum and the gear itslf

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, have you found anything out yet? I am having the exact same issue! I am planning on checking the kickstand switch sometime this week when I have the time! Hopefully it's an easy fix

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Hey, have you found anything out yet? I am having the exact same issue! I am planning on checking the kickstand switch sometime this week when I have the time! Hopefully it's an easy fix
if the bike dies when you let the clutch out im betting youve got a kickstand switch issue...or even a clutch lever switch issue

1 - 6 of 6 Posts