RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! Avid rider, most of my bikes over the past few years have been upright, supermoto, sport standard bikes, duke 690, drz400, cb1000c and a few others. I just got an 02 mean streak 1500 in trade and plan on using it for cross city commutes, day trips, 2 up w the wife etc and keep the DRZ and swap between SM and dirt wheels for off road, hooligan, kart track and big track days. She's an 02 1500, custom paint, v+h pipes, Kuryakyn hypercharger, PCIII, 200 rear tire, Jardine forward controls and a few other chrome trinkets and kuryakyn underglow kit. Anyway, the Jardine controls aren't going to work with my 30" inseam. My right knee needs to be completely straight and tucked under hypercharger to be at all comfortable, NTM i just cant do the legs splayed out like at the gyno's office stance. It doesn't feel like i can ride as confidently and aggessively with that setup as I know I'm going to want to, I feel more confident with toes on pegs as if they were the controls. From the pics ive seen the oem controls are prob right where I want them but have come up with very little on ebay searches for used options, Mapams for 1500 are non-existant so looking to trade oem controls for Jardines off a 4400 mi bike garage kept by original owner til yesterday. looking for trade plus $100 on your end and you cover cost of shipping. you'd be in no more than $150 for Jardine forward controls. Not bad for some really pricey controls. Can send pics tmrw, pm me. Thanks!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts