RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Bandit 1200 that is an s model-the previous owner wrecked it first time out then put it away in his barn. I bought it, got it running and it is a fantastic bike!! The previous owner took the fairing off after it was wrecked and with the fairing went the speedo/tach/indicator lights. So I'm thinking of either getting a Garmin just for a replacement speedo, or a Trail Tech Unit with a tach. What I'd really like to do is get Naked Bandit parts (Speedo/Tach/Light Cowl) and just put it back together that way. If anyone has any advice I'd really appreciate it!! Does anyone know if the frames for the S and N Models for that year are similar enough to put the N Model Tach/Speedo unit on the S model. I've been looking in the Haynes Manual but can't really tell if I can make it work...

Also-got an awesome tire at the Cycle Gear Store on Pecos near Tropicana from Pilot, a Pirelli and found a guy who races who put the rear tire on the bike and had a front tire - Pirelli Corsa- with about 200 miles on it and threw that on too!! He does mechanical work also, If you're in the Vegas Area and need a tire mounted or any kind of mechanical work contact me and I'll put you in touch with him-has a pnuematic lift, tire mounting machine and has great rates!! Also works on Harleys as well as Sport Bikes...Thanks and ride safe everyone!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts