RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Ninja 650ABS, Trek Top Fuel MTB, Trek Boone CX, Trek Domane Road, State SS Gravel, Trek Fattie
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my part time gig because I love and have raced dirt track (cars) is on-track corner spotter. I've raced Modified's, and they are fast, but it is a whole different world being on the infield with them coming into turn 1/2.

Anyway, to my question. I have a 2022 650 with the twin, not parallel 4. I have access to 110 race gas at a discount. May I use it, or not recommended? Wouldn't consistently use it but if I'm low on fuel, the option to use is there.

·
見る
2,936 Posts
From what I understand, you should be able to run it in your bike, but it is unlikely that you will see any performance benefits. So, unless it's cheaper than fuel at the pump, I can't see any advantage in running it.

·
Gold Member
580 Posts
If it's leaded, as many race fuels still are, you shouldn't. If it is unleaded, it shouldn't damage anything. That said, you probably wouldn't want to waste it in your bike. High octane fuel is designed to resist ignition. Engines with high compression ratios can "ignite" lower octane fuels before the spark plug fires, causing pre-ignition (commonly known as detonation). Higher octane fuels resist compression-ignition, as it is less volatile. It burns slower, too. An engine without high compression generally won't make cylinder temps high enough to release the potential energy in high octane fuel. Pretty much a waste of money, but it would at least smell good out the exhaust (y).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts