RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 Z'd needs it's 10000 miles service after being quoted £245 for my local dealer to do it im thinking of doing it myself. Changing the oil is no problem buy need some help with the plugs. Does anyone have a how to guide to help.

Thanks

·
Registered
929 Posts
My 2008 Z'd needs it's 10000 miles service after being quoted £245 for my local dealer to do it im thinking of doing it myself. Changing the oil is no problem buy need some help with the plugs. Does anyone have a how to guide to help.

Thanks
took me about an hour and half, and I used to tool kit supplied on the '03 Z1k. (that way if I ever had to do it on the side of the road, i could) Its a pain in the arse, but you basically just keep diggin to you can get em out, and drop in new ones then re-assemble. Its easy to do, but time consuming; and slightly frustrating the first time.

·
Registered
969 Posts
when my time came to install the plugs I was stopped when I reach plug 2 & 3...you will have to unhook the radiator hose under the gas tank. Some coolant will leak out so have a rag, or towel readily available. Once that hose is removed it should be easier but not easy. Its always nice to have a helping hand and beer for extra help. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts