RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to the forum, picked up a 08 C14 with 100,000k. The bike has obviously been taken care of but I do not have any paperwork to see what service has been done. Looking for tips on major things to check for (timing chain or valve adjustments ect). Also how high in mileage can these bikes go? I paid 2k for mine with power commander, full exhaust and some luxury mods. Moving away from sport bikes and picked this up to test out the sport touring market. I’ve fallen in love with the bike in just one day.
Thanks for your input and time
Mitch

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
Hi Mitch and welcome to the forum.

A C14 is (was) on my wish list when I was looking to add to the zr7s. I went instead with a Honda ST1300, but there still may be a C14 in the garage by the end of 2021. :)

As for what to check, get a copy of the service manual for the bike (or at minimum the owners manual) and it should list all the things that should be checked and at what time and mileage intervals.

A hard copy of the manual is ideal, but you can get ecopies here too. KAWASAKI CONCOURS 14 ABS SERVICE MANUAL Pdf Download | ManualsLib

See pages 44 thru 46 for the schedule.

If you look after a bike you should be able to get many miles and years out of it.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I put 53k miles on my 2012 C14 in about five and a half years. Did three valve clearance checks in all. Never made an adjustment. Sync'd the throttle valves during the first check and never needed adjustment after that. Used Mobil-1 10w-40 all the time. Mobil-1 gear oil too.

Changed the fuel pump filter at each valve clearance check as the tank was off the bike anyway. I was the one who did the research finding the Kawasaki part number for the filter which only comes with the pump assembly.

Still like the C14 but have drifted away from it.

You got a lot of bike for $2k! (y)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts