RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get my 09 ninja started and I replaced the battery with a lithium battery and after that didn't give the bike power, I tried to change put the main fuse. Still no luck the dash won't even light up. Anyone have any ideas of what I can try next?? Thanks in advance!

·
West Coast Moderator
13,056 Posts
Have you tested the battery? When lithiums die, they are dead-dead. You can bring them back to life but not with a lithium charger if they are that dead.

·
Super Moderator
2,517 Posts
Trying to get my 09 ninja started and I replaced the battery with a lithium battery and after that didn't give the bike power, I tried to change put the main fuse. Still no luck the dash won't even light up. Anyone have any ideas of what I can try next?? Thanks in advance!
Hi. Welcome to the forum. Did you fully charge the Lithium? Does it have the correct CCA and Ah for your bike?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The battery is new I got rid of the old one. And also yes it is the correct CCA and Ah. The battery also has a button that shows it's fully charged so no way it can be that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It probably isn't the battery. Even if it were low on charge you would get something on the dash. I had this problem and found it was a wire in my headlight assembly that wasn't making a good connection. I removed the headlight and started wiggling wires and all of a sudden everything fired up. Trace the positive from the battery forward with a multimeter and see where the power stops.

·
West Coast Moderator
13,056 Posts
This may sound crazy but, which bolts did you use for the cables? If you used the bolts off the old battery they may be bottoming out before the leads are tight and not getting a good conncetion. I ran into that when I switched to lithium in my bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts