RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i dont know about anyone else but i dont really like the way the 09 headlights are for the 650r. How one of them is high beam and one of them is your low beam. Im tired of people telling me that one of my headlights are out. What can i do to change them? I want them both to be on at all times?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Use the search function...
And come to the dark side...

·
Registered
516 Posts
So i dont know about anyone else but i dont really like the way the 09 headlights are for the 650r. How one of them is high beam and one of them is your low beam. Im tired of people telling me that one of my headlights are out. What can i do to change them? I want them both to be on at all times?
Then ride with the high beam on. Now this is certainly a topic for discussion but some MSF instructors recommends riding with the high beam on. Aside from the recommendation, almost everyone I ride with during the daytime rides with high beam on.

·
Registered
256 Posts
If you rock ur high beam, cut that ish' off when you pull up behind somebody in traffic or at a light. I hate that with a passion!

·
Registered
53 Posts
yes i as well ride with high beams on during the day.. and low beam during the night time.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
On my '06 I used the vertical aim adjustment bolt(see owners manual) to aim them both down(you can't aim them independently)so now the high beam is at the height the low beam was at(park like 25 feet from a wall at night). Yeah now the low beam is kinda hitting the ground, but I'm not blinding people, well maybe a little... the high beam is pretty intensely focused.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The people that tell you that you have a light out are :jerkit:. They don't know how most dual headlight set-ups work. So why worry? Just say thanks and move on or call'em an idiot if you don't feel like explaining.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
I got the question a few times. It took me a second to say that is how it is and that was that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Slightly off topic but related... Which side is low beam on your bikes? I have seen "differences" on other bikes. My "throttle/brake" side light is low and "clutch side" light is high beam. I swear I seen some photos where the low beam is actually on the clutch side. Makes me think the low should be on the clutch side so oncoming traffic to our left will notice us better? Just wondering about your bike set ups as far as low and high.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ya i have been riding with my beam but it still looks wierd bc one is bright and one is dim. i just want two good bright lights

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
they are the same brightness, they are the exact same bulb. its just the aiming.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The only way around your gripe is to retro-fit projectors. It's not a job for the faint of heart, but it's (imo) worth the effort. Plus it's the only CORRECT way to install HID's on this bike. Like I said above, use the search function and find the relevant threads on this topic.

·
Registered
162 Posts
If you rock ur high beam, cut that ish' off when you pull up behind somebody in traffic or at a light. I hate that with a passion!
I run High Beam Day/Night. Same bulbs, just adjusted my high beam just a tad over the low beam. This allows for excellent coverage, and doesn't shine into the mirrors of the car in front of you. It also created a hell of a difference with respect to overall coverage:glassesti

·
Registered
256 Posts
I run High Beam Day/Night. Same bulbs, just adjusted my high beam just a tad over the low beam. This allows for excellent coverage, and doesn't shine into the mirrors of the car in front of you. It also created a hell of a difference with respect to overall coverage:glassesti
Then bless ur heart. lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts