RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. A little new here, but here's my problem. I was riding on the highway at 60-65 mph and noticed the FI like come on for a second or two then go away. Nothing seemed to happen to the motor (no sputtering or anything) so I thought it was an anomaly. Been riding the ninja like normal the next few days no problem. I went to run an errand about 10-15 mins away no problem. 3 hours later on my way home the FI light flashed on again for a few seconds then went away.

I read somewhere to check the ECU or something you turn ignition on and press left dash button until it is on ODO then press and hold left button for 2 seconds to see it flash a 2 digit error code. Nothing flashed. Ninja starts up no problem... have barely over 5k miles on the 2009 ninja 650r. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hello everyone. A little new here, but here's my problem. I was riding on the highway at 60-65 mph and noticed the FI like come on for a second or two then go away. Nothing seemed to happen to the motor (no sputtering or anything) so I thought it was an anomaly. Been riding the ninja like normal the next few days no problem. I went to run an errand about 10-15 mins away no problem. 3 hours later on my way home the FI light flashed on again for a few seconds then went away.

I read somewhere to check the ECU or something you turn ignition on and press left dash button until it is on ODO then press and hold left button for 2 seconds to see it flash a 2 digit error code. Nothing flashed. Ninja starts up no problem... have barely over 5k miles on the 2009 ninja 650r. Any help would be appreciated.
Go here
Kawasaki Ninja 650 Motorcycles

1 - 2 of 2 Posts