RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up guys. I’m converting my 08 Kawasaki ninja 650 to street fighter as my fairings are shot. I removed all fairings but I need help converting the front headlight and mounting the speedometer. I know a 7” headlight will work with a bracket but what about the speedometer? Looking for any other good ideas to change as well... like the coolant casing (looks trash). Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
Easiest I’ve seen it done (that doesn’t look great IMHO) is to use an eBay steering damper bracket and mount it between the tank and headstock.
They aren’t as readily available on eBay as they once were but you might get lucky
otherwise, longer bolts on the handlebar clamps, some spacer tubes and some scrap steel will do the trick.
the old dairying stay off the head tube ??

mine is a zx10 top clamp that has some places to bolt things on underneath. I’m also using an aftermarket gauge that’s much smaller than the original

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply I went ahead and got a 7” headlight with straps that go onto forks. The speedometer I’ll have to figure out like you said I’ll have to wait until headlights mounted to see what needs to be done. Just don’t want it to look like **** lol

·
Registered
414 Posts
Just do what I did.... keep doing **** and spending money on it until you realise you could’ve been riding an Agusta instead lol
Just kidding, I love my bike...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts