RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,
I have been riding for over a year now and recently purchased a 07 Ninja 650 from a private seller with 16,000miles—Chain is new, brakes and tires are new, forks are decent.This my first sport bike; started riding on 86 Rebel 450…

The bike looks good…But Recently the Ninja revs high and doesn’t ride smooth transitioning from 1,2,3 gear. The bike seems to feel and ride somewhat better in 4th gear and higher. Also tons of vibration from 2, 3, and 4th gear; while in 5th gear that calms the Vibrations… Can anyone advise what’s cause the Vibrations and the rough transition between the first three gears? I would like to know what services should I prioritize before closing out the riding season?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Is the shifting the issue? Clutch perhaps? Or, is it just rev randomly unrelated to where the throttle is held?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the shifting the issue? Clutch perhaps? Or, is it just rev randomly unrelated to where the throttle is held?
To me It’s shifts fine—it revs randomly, typically between 1 and 2 gear. It’s also starting to sound odd while in the low gears; as if it is gargling. I read cleaning air in-take could help with this. What do you think?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts