RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold my 07 650r for 2600 and bought this zzr600 for 1500 :D i love the zzr so much more than my 650r. The handling difference is night and day....
question is what subforum do i use for the zzr

·
Registered
414 Posts
You picked up that zzr for 15k?
Great score.
Congrats on a great bike.
And yeah, night and day.
lol

What else ya get with it besides the muzzy?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Nice!! I actually owned an 2006, but sold it after 10 months. I lost my mind and went to a Honda VTX 1300R. Wish I didn't sell it. It was a blast. Anyway, I sold the cruiser and bought the 650, but I still miss that bike.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Awesome!
Just remember that with "great power, comes great responsibility"
LOL
Enjoy that new bike.

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
What conditions were the bikes in that you sold for $2600 and bought for $1500. Both of those prices sure seem low. Where do you live?

Have fun with those carbs. Rejetting instead of remapping.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the 650r had 20k miles on it, and had scratches on both upper fairings, and had a dent in the rim. so i was doing good at 2600... I live in perryville arkansas, right outside of little rock.

The zzr however has 30k miles, but he has done every piece of maintenance at the kawi shop, and it shows, because it runs like a top. Everything from carb syncing to valve adjustments have been done on time. The zzr has integrated tail lights, smoked flush mount side lights, two power outlets installed in the storage compartment. k&n filter, he also did some stuff with the carb and the stacks i think? he was explaining it but i didnt quite understand what he was talking about. Also i got 2 jackets (joe rocket m1 tech, and a girls joe rocket jacket) and 2 helmets(one joe rocket, and one jmax with the lights and tinted secondary visor) with the bike all for 1500 :D They originally wanted 2200 plus 500 for the gear. Oh and its got frame sliders

·
Registered
214 Posts
the zzr is a brilliant bike with a bullet proof motor.
about 3 months ago a guy called round my house on a zzr600 wanting a rack/panniers frame making ,and his bike had over 60,000 miles on the clock and he was going to Germany on it! doing a months tour.brave man.

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
30,000 miles is nothing on a bike that is being maintained. I've got friends with sport bikes that have close to 100,000 miles on them. I know guys riding Kawasaki ZG1200 touring bikes with over 200,000 miles on them.

If a well cared for ZZR600 with 30,000 miles came across my path for $1500 I would be very very tempted to make the purchase.

The '05 ZZR is a rebadged '01 Ninja 600.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts