RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to sell my Kawasaki Ex-650R and upgrade to a different bike for track only use. I bought the bike in January and probably put just under $2000 in parts into it to make it a great trackbike. I have done laps at Reno Fernley Raceway in under 3:00 (3:00 is a good time, track record is 2:30 or so - it is a 3 mi track with lots of elevation changes and 20 turns).

Anyway, I bought the bike as my first trackbike. It has served me well. It rides great and is a perfect bike for someone looking to learn to ride street or track. This bike is well built and well taken care of. I have been careful to change the oil every few trackdays and did much or the work and maintenance myself. Here is the list of what I have done to the bike:

2006 Ex-650R with right around 20,000 mi.
636 forks - complete front end swap (wheel, forks, brakes, etc. from a 2004 Kawi 636) w/
new fork seals this year with custom revalve by Twin Factory Works (by Zoran)
Ohlins Fork springs .9
Woodcraft rearsets
Woodcraft clip-ons fully adjustable
Leo Vince Full System
Power Commander III with custom Map
DNA air filter (new never installed)
New radiator never installed - current radiator works perfect
Gearing is 15/47 (+1 in rear). spare 14t sprocket for front included)
New renthal x-ring chain. 6 trackdays on it
Zero Gravity double buble
Rockwall Performance race bodywork with custom paint (see pics. yes that is me at Reno Fernley Raceway)

It is built to look like a race bike but it is street legal and currently registered in NV. The oil changed every 4 trackdays at most.
I just did the valve check & it has a new front tire. Rear has plenty of life left for the street (sides worn from track use. Looks great with no chicken strips. LOL)

I have all the stock parts that go with the bike if full price.

Price is $2900 and will deliver within 250 miles of Reno for no charge. Beyond that you are on your own for pick-up. No I will not make the arrangements to ship it. You can and I will hand it over or drop it off at the shipper location.

This has been a great bike and has served me well. I am just looking to upgrade to a 600 or 750 to begin racing in our local races. No 650 class so not competitive right now but hope to be. Call or email with questions. Josh 775-722-9800 email me at gangplank7 -at- the yahoo.com. :-D

Pics are available here on the craigslist ad or I will email them to you - http://reno.craigslist.org/mcy/1942057884.html

·
Registered
540 Posts
Wow. Good job. Shes a beauty. Wish I had the money and I would take it in a heartbeat.

I envy the new owner. Lucky *******.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. It was a tough decision to decide to sell it. It really is a great bike. Fun on the street and great on the track. I priced it more than fair figuring it will go to a good home and be riden the way it should. :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
I woulda picked that up right away when I was looking for a trackbike.

I still want your rearsets and extras. I'll make it worth your while. :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep. Got your message and talked to your hubby today. I'm not interested in parting it out. That said I just got an offer of a price on a bike I want to buy that I just can't pass up BUT I need to sell my bike first. Someone should make me an offer. I'd take a very reasonable offer for it if someone has the cash in the next couple of days.

Normally I am not desperate to sell it or anything but this deal on the bike I want from a buddy who races and just decided to upgrade from the bike I want to a RSV4.... he's giving me a deal i need to take.

Someone help me. :)

·
Registered
540 Posts
OMg. *Shoots himself*

Um. If you hear about a bank robbery in PA - if they caught the guy we're a nogo.

If he got away, I'll meet you in a few days to pick that up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts