RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the front fairings on my 03 7S due to low-speed laydowns prior to my buying the bike. I priced the fairings on a number of sites online and the local Kawasaki dealer agreed to price match, so I got a fairly good deal. However, I picked up the bike yesterday and was dismayed to find that the new (yellow) fairings do not exactly match the yellow of the gas tank and rear fairings. I mean it's not a terrible difference, but it is noticeable. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Is this just an issue of sun exposure on the rest of the bike? The dealer assures me that the new fairings came directly from Kawasaki, but they agreed to re-order the right front (which is really off) and change it out without charge. However, they said they will only do this once as they cannot help it if Kawasaki didn't paint the replacement fairing correctly. Any insights would be appreciated.

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,140 Posts
It could be due to sun fading the rest of the bike. It could be due to storage of the part. It could be due to diffenences in the paint lot numbers. Maybe the next one will match better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts