RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post, just bought a 2003 Mean Streak 1600. Since I have a big head and little arms, the stock handlebars are roughly three inches too far forward, and I have been trying to find a decent set of risers. I have looked at the HR2 risers, and Genmar risers. Neither of them are exactly what i want, as the HR2 risers only move the handlebars about 2" back and a half inch up, and the Genmar raise the bars 2" and an 1 1/8" back. I am looking for roughly three inches back and two inches up, but am willing to sacrifice rise for pullback. I know I will have to reroute the cables and brake lines behind the triple tree, more than likely with +3" of pullback. Also been looking at possibly getting 12" bent T bars, but finding them in 1" so i don't have to swap controls has been difficult. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I ran into the same thing. I was always too far forward and it killed my neck and back. I bit the bullet and had a set of custom bars made and i did have to extend the brake and clutch lines. But i would do it again. Yes it was expensive but i have no more pain when i ride and its a joy.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I bought a pair of custom spacers for the stock handlebars on my 04' VZ1600 off of eBay, but it's been years and I don't see them sold anymore. They were I believe just 1.5" brushed aluminum spacers and they were perfectly as I had the same issue as a 5'8" rider. The bars were just too much of a stretch for longer rides. The spacers I used allowed all the stock cables to be used as well.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Forget the extensions, you're best bet is to buy separate risers and a set of bars. I did that and been happy ever since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Meanie
RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum
Rider forum is a community for motorcyclists including both street and track riders. Come in and talk about your favorite model.
Full Forum Listing