RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

Touched up my engine paint today

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Cheapammos 
#1 ·
Well my OCD took over, I'm getting ready to repaint the engine side covers.
They're all chipped up, peeling and stick out like a sore thumb.
But what's really bugging me is what to do with the spots on the actual engine, I didn't want to have to repaint it, then it hit me...
I had some matte fingernail polish that I use to black out the rear sights on pistols (I swear.... that's really what it's for ? )

So I gave it a shot and to my surprise I was pleased!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
That kind of thing works too. In the days of my youth in the military, we would use the black soot off dirty smoke or burnt cork to do the same thing to our weapons sights as one of the last things we would do before going out on ops where we'd be doing some "shooting". I do like your using the matt/ flat black nail polish. Fantastic idea.

#5 ·
Interesting. Thanks for the link. I'm not sure it does quite enough to convince me to black-out my rear sights, but on the other hand I don't even remember if I have any gun with three white dots left. I may have some gun I'm not remembering (what a problem to have!), but I think I've got night sights on all of them. And I do agree with the article in the sense that I do prefer tritium sights with green in the front and less visible/different orange or yellow in the back. It does kinda remember me of this though: 1 Weird 2 Cent Trick For Precision With A Pistol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.