Post your ZR pictures - pics here - Page 122

Logo

Post your ZR pictures - pics here

This is a discussion on Post your ZR pictures - pics here within the General ZR-7 forums, part of the Kawasaki ZR-7 category; My baby on the road. IMG_2325.JPG...

Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122
Results 1,816 to 1,824 of 1824
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: Post your ZR pictures - pics here

My baby on the road.IMG_2325.JPG

I have a blue ZR7 like that.
    99' ZR7 Blue
    01' ZR7S Red
    99" ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson Superbike Green
    05' ZRX1200R Green

Just bought this 2004 zr7. Doing a bit of a strip down at the moment, going through it to make sure it’s all good before I start my rides...

The previous owner was a pretty competent mechanic but I always prefer to check things myself....

969DA3D5-BD15-4867-85F5-2D04A9D58F7F.jpeg

4. Remove Advertisements
    RiderForums.com
    Advertisements

Obo
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumpton View Post
    Just bought this 2004 zr7. Doing a bit of a strip down at the moment, going through it to make sure it’s all good before I start my rides...

The previous owner was a pretty competent mechanic but I always prefer to check things myself....
    Well it's definitely not stock Looking at mods I can see in the photo, is the rear axle in backwards? It looks like there's a locking pin on the exhaust side. My understanding is it goes on the chain side - although I'm not sure if it really makes much of a difference.

Make sure you check the triple tree bearings for play.
    2004 Kawasaki ZR-7S
    complete with extra "stuff"

This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email/message/posting do not consent to the retrieving or storing of this communication and any related metadata, as well as printing, copying, re-transmitting, disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you believe you have received this communication in error, please delete it immediately.

Thanks for the pointer. It’s certainly a long way off original.

It’s been suggested this is a z750 but when looking at photos of zr7 and z750’s, the engine looks to have a different top side.

Will check the bearings out too, thanks for the pointer on the rear end. I’ll swap it around sometime.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    It's a 7; not even close to a 750. Are those Metzeler Roadtec tires? Bike Bandit is selling those for $80 apiece right now. I was going to buy some, but I was worried they might be old date code since I see them on closeout at Revzilla. I went with the new T31 Bridgestones.
    2001 ZR-7s (ZR750H1).....R.... "Ol' Red"
    1995 FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide "Grunt Pig"

Unfortunately I have odd tyres fitted. Not ideal but they are both pretty fresh so I’ll run them this year as I won’t be riding hard. Not been in the saddle for 5 years....

Obo
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumpton View Post
    Thanks for the pointer. It’s certainly a long way off original.

It’s been suggested this is a z750 but when looking at photos of zr7 and z750’s, the engine looks to have a different top side.

Will check the bearings out too, thanks for the pointer on the rear end. I’ll swap it around sometime.
    Not a z750 for sure. They were fuel injected and water cooled. Yours is carb'ed and air/oil cooled. Zr7 & 7s's were made up to 2005 in Canada (2003 most elsewhere.) Z750's were made 2004-2012
    2004 Kawasaki ZR-7S
    complete with extra "stuff"

This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email/message/posting do not consent to the retrieving or storing of this communication and any related metadata, as well as printing, copying, re-transmitting, disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you believe you have received this communication in error, please delete it immediately.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    IMG_20190617_185820.jpg

Here's Ol' Red today before a short ride on new tires. Still basically stock and never kept too clean, but I do still have the Nitron shock and RaceTech front forks. Zero Gravity touring screen, Go Cruise clamp, Tusk power outlet and battery pigtail, that aluminum tail tidy (I forgot the name) and all LED signal lighting. I swapped out the six year old Battlax 023's for the new T31's this week.

IMG_20190614_161957.jpgIMG_20190614_183255.jpg
    Obo likes this.
    2001 ZR-7s (ZR750H1).....R.... "Ol' Red"
    1995 FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide "Grunt Pig"

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links