TPMS Question

Logo

TPMS Question

This is a discussion on TPMS Question within the Concours 1400 forums, part of the Kawasaki Concours category; I just broke the valve stem on my front tire. I have never had the wheel apart. Kawasaki lists part #16126 for the valve stem. ...

Thread: TPMS Question

TPMS Question

I just broke the valve stem on my front tire. I have never had the wheel apart. Kawasaki lists part #16126 for the valve stem. How does this stem attach to the sending unit. Screw in or glue in?

Can't speak out of experience on your specific bike, but it looks like it would just screw in. However I'm pretty sure you'd have to take off the tire to install it anyway, so worrying about that if you don't have the skills or tools to remove it isn't really wortwhile (Maybe you do, it's just not typical).

This reminds me that I still have to permanently patch my rear tire...sigh. And assembling my tire changing machine simply for a patch (or something like a damaged valve stem for that matter - I've been there) is a real pain. Oh well. Normally broken valve stems are a quick and easy fix so don't sweat it.
    - Check out my 2017 Ninja 650's Mods & Upgrades!
    - If you're looking for some new projects, I've got a few interesting motorcycle DIYs.

Front Tire Pressure Measurement Sensor Bolt 40 in·lb

Same for the rear.

TPMS.JPG
    Skill is what keeps you on two wheels.

Situational awareness combined with skill is what keeps you out of harm's way.

ATGATT combined with Situational Awareness and Skill means you might live to ride another day when that deer runs into your bike or that drunk blows through that stop sign.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links