Excessive oil in my 95 concourse 1000

Logo

Excessive oil in my 95 concourse 1000

This is a discussion on Excessive oil in my 95 concourse 1000 within the Concours 1000 forums, part of the Kawasaki Concours category; Bought this bike with 43k. Changed the oil adding the specified 3.17 qts. The airbox filled up and ran down the side of the engine ...

Bought this bike with 43k. Changed the oil adding the specified 3.17 qts. The airbox filled up and ran down the side of the engine and of course, oil entered the carbs and it blew smoke out the exhaust. The drain tube is clear.
    I saw a video on the forum where a fellow was explaining the problem on a ninja but it had no audio.
    Anything I should be looking for specifically?
    Thanks for any help you can give.

Sounds like you didn't drain all the oil. Did you check how much oil came out? Does your bike have two drain plugs?

I would start over again and do it right this time. Have you searched for a service manual online for your bike? I'm sure there is one out there somewhere.
    Skill is what keeps you on two wheels.

Situational awareness combined with skill is what keeps you out of harm's way.

ATGATT combined with Situational Awareness and Skill means you might live to ride another day when that deer runs into your bike or that drunk blows through that stop sign.

I got all the oil out. Nothing but clean oil leaking/blowing out.
    I am going to pull the airbox and see if the PVC system is clogged as that seems logical as a next step.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links