2017 N1K Oil Change

Logo

2017 N1K Oil Change

This is a discussion on 2017 N1K Oil Change within the 5th Gen Z1000/Ninja 1000 forums, part of the Kawasaki Z1000, Ninja 1000, Z800, Z750 & Z-750S category; I read a lot about oil changes. I haven't read my book or been able to download a service manual. What type of oil comes ...

Bc2

2017 N1K Oil Change

I read a lot about oil changes. I haven't read my book or been able to download a service manual. What type of oil comes from the dealer and what should I use?

Bc2

Lots of opinions about this. My general guidelines:

* Kawasaki calls for 10W40 weight oil.
    * It should be motorcycle specific oil due to the oil lubing the clutch and transmission.
    * For the FIRST oil change, use non-synthetic oil. It helps parts with break-in (even though new bikes don't need much any more).
    * Full synthetic after. Kawasaki recommends 8000 mile intervals. I do it a little more often (5k miles, easier for me to remember).

The service manual link has been posted elsewhere but one more time:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-f...yQlhmdG9j/view
    2014 Ninja w/bags, Motowerks lowered pegs, Sargent Seat, Vstream tour screen, Givi XS306 tank bag, WOLO BadBoy, Aerostitch Roadcrafter.

I am kinda of partial to semi-synthetic oil. Seems that the the transmission works a tad bit better with some dino oil.

I did the recommended oil change at 600 miles and did the next one at 2,200 miles. Was surprised at how dirty the oil looked at the 2,200 mile change. Will do the next one at 4,000 and see how the oil looks then.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RiderForums.com
    Advertisements

Bc2
    Thanks..

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links