H2 SX. Who's going to be the first to own one?

Logo

This is a discussion on H2 SX. Who's going to be the first to own one? within the 3rd Gen Z1000/Z1000SX/Ninja 1000 forums, part of the Kawasaki Z1000, Ninja 1000, Z800, Z750 & Z-750S category; https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/201...15-fast-facts/...

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: H2 SX. Who's going to be the first to own one?

2011 Ninja 1000 traded Oct 2015. Gone but never forgotten.
    Current bikes....
    2017 KTM Superduke GT - 2012 Ducati Panigale ABS - 2015 BMW 1600GT

So ugly...

I might have someone in mind.....this one guy, from Houston..who likes fast bikes and has not owned a Kawasaki for a few years.....The black one will match the red, for the garage, and the green would look pretty good, too...
    2012 Ninja 1000 all green - Brembo 330mm rotors - AK20 fork cartridges -Penske shock-slipper -Ivans reflash...Leo Vince slip on and Arrow header

4. Remove Advertisements
    RiderForums.com
    Advertisements

I like it, but the back isn't taking it anymore.

Going to look for a test ride on the new Goldwing when it comes out.
    Skill is what keeps you on two wheels.

Situational awareness combined with skill is what keeps you out of harm's way.

ATGATT combined with Situational Awareness and Skill means you might live to ride another day when that deer runs into your bike or that drunk blows through that stop sign.

Quote Originally Posted by rcannon409 View Post
    I might have someone in mind.....this one guy, from Houston..who likes fast bikes and has not owned a Kawasaki for a few years.....The black one will match the red, for the garage, and the green would look pretty good, too...
    I feel certain it will be beyond what I want to spend. Retirement is getting close and I need to learn fiscal restraint!
    Current bikes....

Quote Originally Posted by jjsC6 View Post
    I feel certain it will be beyond what I want to spend. Retirement is getting close and I need to learn fiscal restraint!
    I am within 10 years of retiring and went to day one of a training class today only to find out that I may work until I am 70 unless my 401K doubles in the next 10 years.

When to go out is a gamble based on when you think you might die. Since none of us are promised tomorrow, but could live to 100, knowing when you go is a tough decision. I have coworkers still going in their 70s. The director is in his 80s.

ATGATT combined with Situational Awareness and Skill means you might live to ride another day when that deer runs into your bike or that drunk blows through that stop sign.

Twowheel, thats good news, for me...If I search back in my family history, no one had lived to be over 61..maybe I should get one?

If I pick an average, of their ages (at death), I don't even need the extended warranty.
    Last edited by rcannon409; 11-09-17 at 06:14 AM.
    2012 Ninja 1000 all green - Brembo 330mm rotors - AK20 fork cartridges -Penske shock-slipper -Ivans reflash...Leo Vince slip on and Arrow header

I know of two places you can "retire" where you get free medical care, free adult education courses, 3 square meals a day, exercise equipment, and cable TV. They'll even pay for a sex change operation for unlimited dating possibilities, (and extra income) if that's your thing. The military, and/or a minimum security prison. LOL
    2011z1000 likes this.
    Blue ZR7 with...color matched swing arm, heel plates, bar end mirrors, passenger pegs, F&R blinkers with smoked lens, oil cooler with mesh, carbon fibered side covers with mesh, custom made chin fairing, along with a tail trim, LED underbody lighting, Yoshimura RS3 muffler, Corbin seat, F15 windshield, 17t front sprocket, oil temp gauge, rim tape, custom grips, front spring preload adjusters, different handlebars with risers, Ivans jet kit with air box mod and snorkel removal and AIS removal.

I like everything about this bike but the riding position. Kawasaki says it is not quite as upright as the Ninja 1000. I was hoping for something at least as upright as what I have now.
    Who needs a therapist when you own a motorcycle.

2013 Ninja 1000 ABS, Ivans ECU reflash and custom map with full Akrapovic exhaust, airbox mod, block off plates, Traxxion Dynamics built suspension front and rear, Osram Raylle 65 watt headlamp bulbs, Pazzo Levers, Sargent seat, R&G engine case protectors, Vesrah brake pads, Puig screen and Ventura luggage for the occasional road trip.

Quote Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
    I am within 10 years of retiring and went to day one of a training class today only to find out that I may work until I am 70 unless my 401K doubles in the next 10 years.

When to go out is a gamble based on when you think you might die. Since none of us are promised tomorrow, but could live to 100, knowing when you go is a tough decision. I have coworkers still going in their 70s. The director is in his 80s.
    I'm about to turn 65. My dad died a couple of years ago at 90 and was very active until five days before he died. My mom is 92 and still lives alone in their house on a golf course, still drives and reads three books a week. I have a wife 13 years younger than me. And I can't get past step one of the 12 step program when it comes to a need-for-speed and buying fast toys, two wheel and four wheel. Any questions?

BTW, I do want to trade the S1000R in the next six months or so. I may get another one, but am also starting to think more about a Super Duke. Any thoughts from my old friends on this forum? I should also say that if the Ninja 1000 had cruise control it would almost for sure be my next bike.
    Current bikes....

Said it before, I'll say it again: anybody who needs more than 120 RWHP/70 ft/lb.s of torque on a 500 lb. bike is not someone who I can have a rational conversation with. How pointless is it to own/ride a 200 HP bike on public streets other than for bragging rights? Just my opinion- YMMV.

Sorry, but I won't be a customer for this bike.

Uuuuggggglllllyyyyy! And I love kawi front ends usually..i like the h2 but this is aweful:
    2017 Indian Springfield black 111ci
    2015 Yamaha super tenere 1200 Red.....Traded in , in my garage less than a year but lotta fun.

2002 Red, Meanstreak 1500..... SOLD, but great memories!

Quote Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post

I finished day two of training and determined that I need a long term care insurance program. $300-$450 a day in care because you can't care for yourself and your money will be gone real fast. If you are alone, no big deal. Everything will be sold and when you run out of money your state Medicaid will take over. If you have a spouse you will ruin their retirement quality of life.

Quote Originally Posted by spectorman View Post
    Said it before, I'll say it again: anybody who needs more than 120 RWHP/70 ft/lb.s of torque on a 500 lb. bike is not someone who I can have a rational conversation with. How pointless is it to own/ride a 200 HP bike on public streets other than for bragging rights? Just my opinion- YMMV.

I've got a 195hp 420 lb bike. I don't try to have rational conversations about it. But I do use it every time I ride the bike. But I respect a man who knows his limitations
    Current bikes....

Quote Originally Posted by spectorman View Post

Some might say that no one needs more than 42 HP on a 400 lb bike. That is the thing about opinions. Everyone is full of them.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links