2015 mods and farkles so far...

Logo

This is a discussion on 2015 mods and farkles so far... within the Kawasaki Versys 650 forums, part of the Other Bikes category; Didn't do much for a while to my 2015 ABS model I purchased as a new leftover last May 'cuz it was splitting riding time ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Doug Hyde
  • 1 Post By twowheeladdict
  • 1 Post By carryall
  • 1 Post By Obo
  • 1 Post By carryall

Thread: 2015 mods and farkles so far...

Didn't do much for a while to my 2015 ABS model I purchased as a new leftover last May 'cuz it was splitting riding time with my '03 ZR-7S, but now that the ZR has moved on, I've set about setting up the Versys to my needs: Givi E-22 cases on SW-Motech carriers, SW-M luggage rack, SW-Mo Ion quick-disconnect tank bag, Puig touring screen, Givi hand guards, Motowerk mirror extenders (everyone needs these!), battery tender pigtail, decalectomy, BMW hand grips, Denali Soundbomb horn (re-positioned inboard), removed the reflectors on the fork lowers, and I re-adjusted the TPS to improve throttle response. I had a Givi mount plate and V-47 top case for a while, but recently ditched them in favor of the side case and luggage rack instead. I have Motowerk highway peg mounts and a Booster Plug waiting to be installed, and a Motowerk sidestand foot on order. Oh yeah, I also have a Throttle Tamer on hand, but I want to see how well (or if) the Booster Plug works first. I'm stupid, so I've used the warmer days so far this Winter to accessorize the bike, and ride on the colder days -- I don't mind riding in the cold, but as I get older I'm really hating working in a cold garage.

carryall likes this.
    2015 Versys 650 ABS
    (Former owner 2003 ZR-7S)
    ZR7OA No. 984, AMA, Retreads Int'l., MSTA

Mods/Farkles: Puig "Touring" windscreen, Givi hand guards, BMW Sport Grips, Omni-Cruise throttle lock, Motowerk mirror extenders, SW-Motech gas cap mount tankbag, Denali Mini Soundbomb horn, Mag-Knight tank pad, SW-Motech luggage rack and side racks, Givi E-22 side cases, RKA 36L rack bag, Motorwerk side stand foot, Motowerk highway peg set-up, SW-Motech wide foot pegs, decalectomy

Looking good. Unless you only ride in the boonies during the day you might want to consider more lighting on the bike. The more likely people will see you rendering the horn unnecessary.
    Skenedesign LEDs front and rear go a long way towards making you more conspicuous.
    Mondolights mm10 LED spots mounted low really help illuminate road debris, and make traffic think aboutwhat they are seeing that doesn't look like a car with one headlight blown.
    Doug Hyde likes this.
    Skill is what keeps you on two wheels.

Situational awareness combined with skill is what keeps you out of harm's way.

ATGATT combined with Situational Awareness and Skill means you might live to ride another day when that deer runs into your bike or that drunk blows through that stop sign.

Although not a fan of the look of hard bags, those look really nice on your bike. They follow the lines very well.
    Doug Hyde likes this.
    Blue ZR7 with...color matched swing arm, heel plates, bar end mirrors, passenger pegs, F&R blinkers with smoked lens, oil cooler with mesh, carbon fibered side covers with mesh, custom made chin fairing, along with a tail trim, LED underbody lighting, Yoshimura RS3 muffler, Corbin seat, F15 windshield, 17t front sprocket, oil temp gauge, rim tape, custom grips, front spring preload adjusters, different handlebars with risers, Ivans jet kit with air box mod and snorkel removal and AIS removal.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RiderForums.com
    Advertisements

Obo
    I like the E22's vs the E21's for your bike.

I'm also a fan of brake light flashers. Signal Dynamics makes a model $$ BackOFF? XP Brake Light Module - Signal Dynamics or you can buy a no name unit off Amazon for under $5 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LHKRV72...I1TNY8OVJTVM8B
    (look for a GS100A if your brake lights are LED)
    Doug Hyde likes this.
    2004 Kawasaki ZR-7S
    complete with extra "stuff"

This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email/message/posting do not consent to the retrieving or storing of this communication and any related metadata, as well as printing, copying, re-transmitting, disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you believe you have received this communication in error, please delete it immediately.

Thanks guys. I'll probably do some sort of flashing or pulsating brake lights -- had them on my ZR -- may also consider aux lighting up front. No GPS on this one yet, either, tho I may try using a cheap waterproof Kyocera phone instead; I don't really use GPS for navigation, just as a scrolling map and trip computer. I also put swingarm spools on the other day, but the Pit Bull stand I bought won't work because the fender is too long, so I'm exchanging it for one that Pit Bull says should work (and updating their fitment chart). This is my first street bike that doesn't have a center stand, so I'm slowly learning how to deal without one.
    2015 Versys 650 ABS

Mods/Farkles: Puig "Touring" windscreen, Givi hand guards, BMW Sport Grips, Omni-Cruise throttle lock, Motowerk mirror extenders, SW-Motech gas cap mount tankbag, Denali Mini Soundbomb horn, Mag-Knight tank pad, SW-Motech luggage rack and side racks, Givi E-22 side cases, RKA 36L rack bag, Motorwerk side stand foot, Motowerk highway peg set-up, SW-Motech wide foot pegs, decalectomy

Got spoiled with it on the ZR7, and didn't even know it. Curious the designers wouldn't include, or at least have one available, as a option/aftermarket option. Do ANY new Kawasaki bikes have them anymore? (BTW, I really liked my throttle tamer on my F.I. V-Star. It took away ALL the jerk/on/off feel in the throttle after installed and made control super smooth) You planning on adding any "extra" of that nice green color on your bike, like to the wheels, chin, etc.?
    Last edited by carryall; 02-03-17 at 07:17 AM.
    Doug Hyde likes this.
    Blue ZR7 with...color matched swing arm, heel plates, bar end mirrors, passenger pegs, F&R blinkers with smoked lens, oil cooler with mesh, carbon fibered side covers with mesh, custom made chin fairing, along with a tail trim, LED underbody lighting, Yoshimura RS3 muffler, Corbin seat, F15 windshield, 17t front sprocket, oil temp gauge, rim tape, custom grips, front spring preload adjusters, different handlebars with risers, Ivans jet kit with air box mod and snorkel removal and AIS removal.

Obo
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Hyde View Post
    Thanks guys. I'll probably do some sort of flashing or pulsating brake lights -- had them on my ZR -- may also consider aux lighting up front. No GPS on this one yet, either, tho I may try using a cheap waterproof Kyocera phone instead; I don't really use GPS for navigation, just as a scrolling map and trip computer. I also put swingarm spools on the other day, but the Pit Bull stand I bought won't work because the fender is too long, so I'm exchanging it for one that Pit Bull says should work (and updating their fitment chart). This is my first street bike that doesn't have a center stand, so I'm slowly learning how to deal without one.
    If you don't want to spend the $$ one LED lights for the front such as Denali's or Clearwater Lights, these are Denali D1 knockoffs. About 900 lumens each as I recall.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VL4HA98...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Some folks do a pair of spots or floods while others will order 1 of each (one spot one one side and one flood on the ditch side) for the best of both worlds.

You can likely find them cheaper if you look around and they come in round too if square isn't for you.

I bought a set of each of these.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I found the 3x3 lights very large looking for my 7s vs the 2x2 ones.
    2004 Kawasaki ZR-7S
    complete with extra "stuff"

This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email/message/posting do not consent to the retrieving or storing of this communication and any related metadata, as well as printing, copying, re-transmitting, disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you believe you have received this communication in error, please delete it immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by carryall View Post
    Got spoiled with it on the ZR7, and didn't even know it. Curious the designers wouldn't include, or at least have one available, as a option/aftermarket option. Do ANY new Kawasaki bikes have them anymore?
    Yeah, for whatever reason all my prior bikes have had center stands -- I think every bike should have them. There are two aftermarket stands for the Versys 650, but one interferes with the side stand and looks like it may be coming off the market, and with the other one the chain barely clears the left-side mount bracket -- I tried to install that one, but when I saw the lack of clearance I decided against it. Both stands weight a ton and a half, too.
    2015 Versys 650 ABS

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links