Just Checking In - Been Absent for a While

Logo

This is a discussion on Just Checking In - Been Absent for a While within the General ZR-7 forums, part of the Kawasaki ZR-7 category; I've been a little busy over the winter so not checked in much on the forums, hope everyone is OK and still loving their ZR's ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Just Checking In - Been Absent for a While

I've been a little busy over the winter so not checked in much on the forums, hope everyone is OK and still loving their ZR's

I've done a few mods recently with blue Renthal Ultra low bars, R&G heated grips and bar ends now fitted

I like the lower profile bar, coupled with the 35mm jack up kit on the rear, it puts me further forward which I prefer

Also picked up a bargain this week from Ebay, brand new engine top cover for £23 (Over £200 RRP from Kawa) this works out cheaper than respraying my old one lol

Thanks to Shaken (Andy) as I used his old link to find the blanking plates for the top cover reed valves on Ebay and they've been ordered.

The bikes looking good, just needs an engine respray now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

lol, it was you on facebook then
    I told you about the blanking plates lol
    The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmR...OXdKGl4KlQnU3w
    Kawasaki ZR7

K&N,Dynojet,ignition advancer,Brisk racing plugs,Dyna coils,taylor leads,17T front sprocket,Nitron shock,hyperpro fork springs,preload adjusters, GPR Furore Exhaust

yeah cheers for that Andy

4. Remove Advertisements
    RiderForums.com
    Advertisements

Obo
    Lookin' good! I loved my heated grips last Fall (although they are different than yours) and as for that cover, that's a steal of a deal.
    TWOQUIDKEV likes this.
    2004 Kawasaki ZR-7S
    complete with extra "stuff"

This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email/message/posting do not consent to the retrieving or storing of this communication and any related metadata, as well as printing, copying, re-transmitting, disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you believe you have received this communication in error, please delete it immediately.

Cheers Obo, couldn't not buy it at that price lol, bargain of the year.

Obo
    Are you planning on refinishing the old cover (new color? etc) or keep it as a spare?
    2004 Kawasaki ZR-7S

This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email/message/posting do not consent to the retrieving or storing of this communication and any related metadata, as well as printing, copying, re-transmitting, disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you believe you have received this communication in error, please delete it immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Obo View Post
    Are you planning on refinishing the old cover (new color? etc) or keep it as a spare?
    I'm not sure yet, I may just clean up and put up on Ebay for sale, or I could try a different colour and change them like my socks lol

Nice find, who's muffler are you running ?
    99' ZR7 Blue
    01' ZR7S Red
    99" ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson Superbike Green
    05' ZRX1200R Green

I still love mine! Dig into the performance mods section to see I went with a Nitron shock, full RaceTech fork rebuild with gold valves, and back to an OE seat. Just bled the brakes and have oil change and valve clearance coming up. Oh, and also got my rear rack back on. All dressed up but nowhere to go; I've been TOO BUSY TO RIDE! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!
    TWOQUIDKEV likes this.
    2001 ZR-7s (ZR750H1).....R.... "Ol' Red"
    1995 FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide "Grunt Pig DhaWG"

Quote Originally Posted by lpscruggs View Post
    Nice find, who's muffler are you running ?
    Hi LP, the end can is from a local supplier here in the UK, they do a few models as listed here:

Kawasaki Bike Exhausts, Kawasaki Z1000, Kawasaki ZX6r, Buy Online in the UK

I went with the round stainless steel can as here:

Kawasaki ZR7 99-05 Stainless Steel Round Street Legal Exhaust

I can't fault the exhaust at all, it sounds great, really grunty over 3000rpm, but not so much under 3000 so it'll not **** the neighbours off at 5am in the morning, until I get to the main road. £160 GBP for an end can is a great price and looks great too.

looks like they ship to the states at a cost of £45 GBP, but it'll probably be cheaper to buy other makes over there

Those R&G heated grips are great aren't they.
    Don't know what i'd do without mine
    The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmR...OXdKGl4KlQnU3w
    Kawasaki ZR7

K&N,Dynojet,ignition advancer,Brisk racing plugs,Dyna coils,taylor leads,17T front sprocket,Nitron shock,hyperpro fork springs,preload adjusters, GPR Furore Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by shakennstirred View Post
    Those R&G heated grips are great aren't they.
    Don't know what i'd do without mine
    Yeah they are great, especially on these cold spring starts we have here. How did you wire yours? I've gone for the straight to battery option but would like to wire to the ignition but not sure where to find a 12v ignition live.

Obo
    Quote Originally Posted by TWOQUIDKEV View Post
    Yeah they are great, especially on these cold spring starts we have here. How did you wire yours? I've gone for the straight to battery option but would like to wire to the ignition but not sure where to find a 12v ignition live.
    I put in a relay and wired the "trigger" into the front running lights. Mind you it's not as easy on a non-S as you don't have a fairing to hide everything so you'd likely have to put a relay under the seat. There's an extra wire tail by the fuse box but I can't recall if it's switched or live. That being said you could easily splice into the rear tail light circuit for the relay trigger as well. There's lots of space back there to work.

grip.jpg
    Last edited by Obo; 04-21-17 at 05:29 AM.
    TWOQUIDKEV likes this.
    2004 Kawasaki ZR-7S

Thanks OBO, yeah like you say it's not easy hiding the wiring, especially as I've squeezed a HID ballast into the headlamp shell... have to be careful the headlight doesn't take your eye out when you unscrew the front off lol

as far as I'm aware our bikes don't have the running lights you speak of, neither does it have the accessory connection in the fuse box under the seat, as that's taken up by the carb heaters.

Could I wire the heated grips into the carb heater wire????

Obo
    I'd keep the grips run direct to the battery, and not tie anything into the carb heaters just in case you blew a fuse.

As for finding a live wire with the ignition, if you do a relay just tie it into your tail light. I assume your tail light is on all the time like ours?
    2004 Kawasaki ZR-7S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links