Are the ZR7 and ZR7S frames the same?

Logo

This is a discussion on Are the ZR7 and ZR7S frames the same? within the General ZR-7 forums, part of the Kawasaki ZR-7 category; Title says it. Having a hard time getting my existing frame titled...looking at a frame to swap everything over to but it's not an S....

Title says it. Having a hard time getting my existing frame titled...looking at a frame to swap everything over to but it's not an S.

No. They are not.

Specifically the tab on the steering column to hold the forward stay is not present on the standard. Decking a standard out to look like an S will require welding.
    Last edited by makenzie71; 01-11-17 at 04:59 PM.

Good catch. I assume that's where the "fairing bracket" is anchored to it. Most go from "S" to naked but good info.
    Blue ZR7 with...color matched swing arm, heel plates, bar end mirrors, passenger pegs, F&R blinkers with smoked lens, oil cooler with mesh, carbon fibered side covers with mesh, custom made chin fairing, along with a tail trim, LED underbody lighting, Yoshimura RS3 muffler, Corbin seat, F15 windshield, 17t front sprocket, oil temp gauge, rim tape, custom grips, front spring preload adjusters, different handlebars with risers, Ivans jet kit with air box mod and snorkel removal and AIS removal.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links