Logo

Ignition switch

This is a discussion on Ignition switch within the General ZR-7 forums, part of the Kawasaki ZR-7 category; looking at the ZR-7 ignition switch wiring diagram, the grey ignition wire from the cdi to the switch in the on position is connected to ...

Thread: Ignition switch

Ignition switch

looking at the ZR-7 ignition switch wiring diagram, the grey ignition wire from the cdi to the switch in the on position is connected to what? The diagram just has a - mark. Example: Brown (ignition) is connected to white (battery) in on position. White/black (battery) is connected to white/green (tail 3) in on position. Gray (ignition) is connected to - (ignition) What is - ? Ground? Any help appreciated.

2. # ADS

Welcome to the largest Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum on the web.
    Registers users do not see these ads, register today - it's free!

trying to hotwire one or need a switch?....ive got a spare switch and tank cap with key

if your considering tapping off it for power do yourself a favor and tap off the battery with a relay useing a relay and a keyed on wire out of the fuse box under the seat

Thanks for the response... I got the engine for a mini sand rail is the reason for no switch. Bought a wiring harness & CDI off of ebay. Engine turns over no problem (have handle bar switches connected temporarily) jumped across wiring for kick stand & clutch lever switch. The grey ignition wire according to the switch diagram is what I don't follow,...don"t know if it is suppose to connected to a hot wire, ground or what. Don't know what the - represents in the diagram. Bought the engine from a guy that wrecked the bike & he cut up the harness before I could get to it. The CDI I bought may be bad or the crank sensor, but need to be sure I have the wiring straight. Not getting a spark with the grey ignition wire momentarily connected to 12v & ground also. If you have a spare switch I would buy it even if only to ohm the terminals. That would clear up any question on wire connections.

hell ive also got the wireing section from a busted switch..i can test up for ya...just got back from victoria bc lastnight SOAKED gimmy a day or 2 and ill see what i can figure out

Don't worry about it.
    The grey wire is the live feed to the indicators.
    You can use it as a switched live if you need one.

ZR7OA member #759
    1999 ZR-7 New Candy Wine

Ignition advancer, Hugger, Braided steel brake lines, Progressive fork springs, FUEL end can, Fenda-extenda, Scotoiler Mk7 with HCR, K&N Filter, LED Rear Lights, Fuel gauge mod, GIVI rack plate and boxes:

Ads