Logo

50,000.0 !!!!

This is a discussion on 50,000.0 !!!! within the General ZR-7 forums, part of the Kawasaki ZR-7 category; Originally Posted by Craig Jackman 49778 ... right behind you! And right behind you Craig!! 49,466 km (but this is the sum of the two ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 50,000.0 !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Jackman View Post
    49778 ... right behind you!

And right behind you Craig!!
    49,466 km (but this is the sum of the two ZR-7's, 33166 on the silver one + 16300 on the red one). Bought the first one in May 2003, so its been a little over 4 yrs.
    André
    2004 red ZR-7S
    2002 silver ZR-7S, (destroyed by SUV)
    1981 Honda PA50
    1975 Norton Commando MkIII
    Mods: 17T front sprocket, Eastern Beaver headlamp relay, MotoSpecialties mirror extenders, GG axle nut covers (with lifetime guarantee), Jackman-tested backrest, homemade aluminum rack for Givi soft saddlebags, Westach CHT gauge, homemade faceplate for CHT, rear-shock internal mudflap, Pyramid fender extender and a partridge in a pear tree. Considering Stebel horn and Renntec bars.

2. # ADS

Welcome to the largest Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum on the web.
    Registers users do not see these ads, register today - it's free!

As of this morning's commute ... 50,008.7. I've done all of it except for the first 532km.
    Craig Jackman - '03 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - "The Vee"

'02 ZR-7S "The Silver Seven" (note - obscure hockey reference) - SOLD MAY 2010

50+
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Jackman View Post
    As of this morning's commute ... 50,008.7. I've done all of it except for the first 532km.
    Good for you! ... a bit off topic, but how do you like the fork brace? It's coming up on Winter mod season.
    03 ZR7S: Givi bags, fuel guage fix, mirror extenders, ZG windshield, kawi engine guards, airbox mod, idle screw adjust, fenda extenda, hugger, Gianelli bolt on, marker lights

Love the fork brace. You don't feel the weight (it doesn't weigh that much anyway), but it does help the front end feel more together. Getting the correct model for the correct fit is critical. The downside with an older model like mine is you have to lose the plastic fork guard extensions. The newer model fork braces have optional bolt on fork guards which I would recommend. I'm left with just the dust covers over the fork seals, so I haave to be careful following someone on a gravel road, and make sure to keep the fork tubes clean and smooth. In installing the fork brace (it splits in half with just 4 bolts) I just pulled the fork guards up and zip tied them to the bottom of the triple clamps until I took it to the dealer to get a fork oil change a while later. Instead of vacuuming out the forks as normal, they actually took the extra time to take the forks off and drain them the proper way, and took the guards off at the same time ... as an aside, the switch to heavier 15w fork oil is also highly recommended.
    Craig Jackman - '03 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - "The Vee"

'02 ZR-7S "The Silver Seven" (note - obscure hockey reference) - SOLD MAY 2010

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ads