Politics, Religion and the kitchen sink

Logo

    
    

Politics, Religion and the kitchen sink

This is a discussion on Politics, Religion and the kitchen sink within the General Ninja 650R forums, part of the Kawasaki Ninja 650R category; They took down my thread without saying anything. I guess fun debates are not allowed. OK, maybe I am the only one that thought we ...

Page 1 of 100 123451151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1494
Like Tree200Likes

Thread: Politics, Religion and the kitchen sink

  1. #1
    Supreme Being XPyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    3,454
    Thanked
    572 times

    Politics, Religion and the kitchen sink

    They took down my thread without saying anything. I guess fun debates are not allowed. OK, maybe I am the only one that thought we could have some fun, intelligent debates.

    Like mentioned in another thread, this is another example of how our society has issues that need to be resolved. If people can't handle conversations like this, it is a sad state indeed.

    Any bets on how long this one will be around?

    EDIT:

    Basic Rules:

    If this thread remains, the original idea is to debate topics of interest. Do not attack the poster but instead state an opposing view backed up with references. Since a single person only has so many resources, a collective of people should be able to get to the truth much faster. While opinions, beliefs, etc. really have no place in a true debate, they will still be tolerated but should be backed up by some sort of reference whether it is personal, relational, etc.

    A member will present a topic and then another member can decide to tackle the topic either agreeing or disagreeing. If no other member comes in within a day or so, the topic will be tabled for a later date and potentially forgotten. Multiple topics can run at once so feel free to add more.

    Remember, you do not have to comment. If you have very strong convictions one way or the other and do not believe you can discuss it maturely, just stay out. I know this won't stop anybody but at least it has been said.

    If anyone wants me to update/clarify the rules, just let me know.
    Last edited by XPyron; 06-30-15 at 05:49 AM.
    2009 Black 650R - Ohlins, Racetech Springs/Emulators, Leo Vince Underbody, Dynojet, Sport Bars, BRP Clutch Springs, Shorai, Dunlop Q, EBC HH/EPFA, Spiegler, Woodcraft Sliders, Cycle Pirates Footpegs, ProGrip 719 RVGS, Zero Gravity Double Bubble, Tech Spec Snake Skin Tank Grip

  2. #2
    Supreme Being A_Piazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Delaware
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,332
    Thanked
    259 times
    Probably because political threads are usually against to code of conduct to prevent the bull**** you are trying to start. It was deleted because they didn't want it and aren't required to give you a written notarized letter of it. For once the mods are doing their jobs and you are going to make an issue of it? Come on, man.

    Stop instigating.
    2009 Green Kawasaki Ninja 650R (SOLD, Looking for the next toy)
    -Two Bros Racing black series titanium exhaust - Juice Box Pro
    -Sport Bars w/ progrip 717 grips - BRP clutch springs
    -Ermax rear seat cowl
    -Competition Werkes fender eliminator
    -Race Tech Springs and Emulators - Nitron Sport Rear

    2004 Suzuki GSXR600 track bike

  3. #3
    Supreme Being XPyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    3,454
    Thanked
    572 times
    Cool. My point was proven in the first reply. Thanks.

    I will just wait for this thread to go away.
    2009 Black 650R - Ohlins, Racetech Springs/Emulators, Leo Vince Underbody, Dynojet, Sport Bars, BRP Clutch Springs, Shorai, Dunlop Q, EBC HH/EPFA, Spiegler, Woodcraft Sliders, Cycle Pirates Footpegs, ProGrip 719 RVGS, Zero Gravity Double Bubble, Tech Spec Snake Skin Tank Grip

  4. Remove Advertisements
    RiderForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Rising Star Elijah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of Austin, Texas
    Posts
    289
    Thanked
    53 times
    I'm not trying to stir things up, I'm just trying to clarify and understand the forum rules. When you sign up you agree to certain rules. (See below.) In the general rules thread you also agree to the following posting policies which contain the same text highlighted in blue below but also contain some additional rules about selling things on the site. Neither politics, religion, nor the kitchen sink, in and of themselves, are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws, though what some people do in the name of those things can be. I'm not sure I understand the deletion of threads on politics, religion, or kitchen sinks since the topics are not in violation of the posting policies.

    I would understand deleting posts or banning users for their inability to conduct themselves in an adult manner if they cannot participate in an adult discussion without being "obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws." I also understand the answer will be the mods don't have time to read every post in every thread, but that is the job they signed up for. Additionally, they shouldn't have to read every thread to figure out which ones are going to spark a bit of controversy. It seems the Off Topic forum would be a place where threads on religion, politics, and kitchen sinks would live. It's a fairly small effort to check what's going on in that forum. Threads that are likely to spark strong opinions are also likely to blow up pretty quick which means they'll be easily found under the Active Topics tab. Lastly, a thread under Active Topics that has a title that's political or religious in nature, or has a title that's known or likely to spark emotions seem like good candidates to monitor. I don't see that these types of threads violate any posting policies and warrant deletion. Individual posts in those threads, yes, but not the threads themselves.



    Forum Rules

    Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Complete Registration' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

    Although the administrators and moderators of RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

    By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

    The owners of RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason.
    Why do I ride? Because I've never seen someone jogging and smiling.

    My YouTube Channel

  6. #5
    Supreme Being fencingdude101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,001
    Thanked
    106 times
    Maybe if we just called it something random or obscure it won't get taken down- lol ahh well, it's their forum and their rules.

    I thought it would've been neat and harmless, but I guess we'll just have to save getting into arguments for IRL conversations.
    Uber 2014 Ninja 650 Track Bike
    Race Body with DIY work, ZX6R Front End w/ Race Cartridges, Race Shock, Race Exhaust, PCV, Race Filter, Rear Sets, Quick Throttle, Clip Ons, Gear Indicator, Race Brake System, Lithium Battery, Race Clutch, Radiator & Engine Guards, Lightweight Final Drive, Chain Adjusters, Gas Cap, Tank Grips, Clutch Springs
    Full Details and Mod List

    2014 Ninja 1000 Street Bike
    Givi V35 & V56 Luggage, GI-PRO Gear Indicator, Vstream Windscreen

    2003 Ninja 250
    Stock

  7. #6
    Rising Star gunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    192
    Thanked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Piazza View Post

    Stop instigating.
    Instigating is what I have come to expect that from Obummer supporters, Its all I have come to expect from them tho.

  8. #7
    Supreme Being XPyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    3,454
    Thanked
    572 times
    Elijah, I agree a topic like this is more appropriate in Off Topic. I didn't specifically state it in the first thread but I have been part of the 650 forum for a awhile and for the most part we are all considerate and helpful. In that regard, I thought we could handle it better here and have some great discussions.

    I was terribly wrong. I now see it turning into the Facebook one liners I was hoping to avoid. I mean, it didn't take that long at all. It's funny because the first thread actually started off pretty good.
    2009 Black 650R - Ohlins, Racetech Springs/Emulators, Leo Vince Underbody, Dynojet, Sport Bars, BRP Clutch Springs, Shorai, Dunlop Q, EBC HH/EPFA, Spiegler, Woodcraft Sliders, Cycle Pirates Footpegs, ProGrip 719 RVGS, Zero Gravity Double Bubble, Tech Spec Snake Skin Tank Grip

  9. #8
    Supreme Being DaddyFlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    SEARK
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,087
    Thanked
    401 times
    I didn't see what they took down, but according to the rules, the "our favorite subject" thread should never have been allowed and should be removed. And Texas (and others) shouldn't be allowed to have evermore sexually-oriented revealing avatars.
    2001 ZR-7s (ZR750H1).....R.... "Ol' Red"
    1995 FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide "Grunt Pig DhaWG"

  10. #9
    Supreme Being fencingdude101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,001
    Thanked
    106 times
    Have we ever found a place that offers intelligent debates on these topics? It's a lot easier to have good conversations about this stuff in person- I don't think it's ever been successfully accomplished online.
    Uber 2014 Ninja 650 Track Bike
    Race Body with DIY work, ZX6R Front End w/ Race Cartridges, Race Shock, Race Exhaust, PCV, Race Filter, Rear Sets, Quick Throttle, Clip Ons, Gear Indicator, Race Brake System, Lithium Battery, Race Clutch, Radiator & Engine Guards, Lightweight Final Drive, Chain Adjusters, Gas Cap, Tank Grips, Clutch Springs
    Full Details and Mod List

    2014 Ninja 1000 Street Bike
    Givi V35 & V56 Luggage, GI-PRO Gear Indicator, Vstream Windscreen

    2003 Ninja 250
    Stock

  11. #10
    Supreme Being Ozninjaguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Philippines
    Age
    62
    Posts
    2,170
    Thanked
    512 times
    Quote Originally Posted by XPyron View Post
    Elijah, I agree a topic like this is more appropriate in Off Topic. I didn't specifically state it in the first thread but I have been part of the 650 forum for a awhile and for the most part we are all considerate and helpful. In that regard, I thought we could handle it better here and have some great discussions.

    I was terribly wrong. I now see it turning into the Facebook one liners I was hoping to avoid. I mean, it didn't take that long at all. It's funny because the first thread actually started off pretty good.
    Well amigo...there goes the notion of free speech in the home of the brave/land of the free...knuckle down, abide by our rules or you are out of here...has a ring of totalitarianism about it...but hey - it's America, that can't be true.
    Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view – Yoda

  12. #11
    Supreme Being Ozninjaguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Philippines
    Age
    62
    Posts
    2,170
    Thanked
    512 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fencingdude101 View Post
    Have we ever found a place that offers intelligent debates on these topics? It's a lot easier to have good conversations about this stuff in person- I don't think it's ever been successfully accomplished online.
    Good point.
    Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view – Yoda

  13. #12
    Rising Star Elijah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of Austin, Texas
    Posts
    289
    Thanked
    53 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fencingdude101 View Post
    Have we ever found a place that offers intelligent debates on these topics? It's a lot easier to have good conversations about this stuff in person- I don't think it's ever been successfully accomplished online.
    Even in person you have to be very careful with whom you have these types of conversations. People can become very emotionally invested in their opinions and when you present a differing opinion, or heaven forbid a fact that challenges their opinion, it can often be taken as a personal attack. For that reason I try to avoid political discussions with most people until I can figure out where they fall in the political spectrum. There's only one person on the opposite end of the political spectrum I'll even talk to about politics, and very few with similar beliefs. A discussion with people who generally agree with you can only go so far. But the guy with whom I happen to disagree on just about everything, him I'll talk to. He's really smart, his views are always presented in a rational, well thought out manner, and he never resorts to an ad hominem argument. He respectfully challenges my views which force me to go back and consider my beliefs. I only hope I'm as respectful towards him as he is towards me.

    ... and don't even get me started on religion.
    Why do I ride? Because I've never seen someone jogging and smiling.

    My YouTube Channel

  14. #13
    Supreme Being DaddyFlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    SEARK
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,087
    Thanked
    401 times
    Some people think hominem should be served cold, but I like it on cooked foods such as nachos and gyros. I know that's a bit of an ethnic hodge-podge, but to each his own, I guess. Discuss?
    2001 ZR-7s (ZR750H1).....R.... "Ol' Red"
    1995 FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide "Grunt Pig DhaWG"

  15. #14
    Supreme Being XPyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    3,454
    Thanked
    572 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fencingdude101 View Post
    Have we ever found a place that offers intelligent debates on these topics? It's a lot easier to have good conversations about this stuff in person- I don't think it's ever been successfully accomplished online.
    Almost.

    There is nothing to debate if we all agree. While I will discuss things in person also, the problem is that I cannot research until the discussion is over. I can't present a fact in person, it will only come off as an opinion. I can say where I read it but the other side still has to go look it up to see if they come to the same conclusion after reading the same thing. Online, I have the ability to check the facts and find other resources to either agree or disagree. Hopefully, I can coherently present my side and back it up.

    Hominem, a dish best served cold eh? Are you referring to hominy or was that the point?
    2009 Black 650R - Ohlins, Racetech Springs/Emulators, Leo Vince Underbody, Dynojet, Sport Bars, BRP Clutch Springs, Shorai, Dunlop Q, EBC HH/EPFA, Spiegler, Woodcraft Sliders, Cycle Pirates Footpegs, ProGrip 719 RVGS, Zero Gravity Double Bubble, Tech Spec Snake Skin Tank Grip

  16. #15
    Rising Star gunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    192
    Thanked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fencingdude101 View Post
    I don't think it's ever been successfully accomplished online.
    Agreed

    As far as checking facts to prove your point, there are so many different venues with skewed vision of a situation that the facts usually are not as accurate as they are thought to be.

    Only thing I learned from statistics class is that 98% are made up on the spot... Or was it 97%?

Page 1 of 100 123451151 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

kitchen sink in politics
,
ninja 650 kitchen sink
,
politics, religion and the kitchen sink
,

rgmr250 quran

,
riderforums politics old testament
,
riderforums politics testament
,
xpyron abortion
,
xpyron sink right
,
xpyron sink right left riderforums
Click on a term to search for related topics.