Thinking about a Concours 1400 - Page 3

Logo

Thinking about a Concours 1400

This is a discussion on Thinking about a Concours 1400 within the Concours 1400 forums, part of the Kawasaki Concours category; Yep the mirrors are lower on the 08 and 09. Nice view of the bags though...lol. The higher mirrors on the 10 and up also ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Thinking about a Concours 1400

Yep the mirrors are lower on the 08 and 09. Nice view of the bags though...lol.

The higher mirrors on the 10 and up also provides a bit more wind protection on the hands.

More wind on the hands was the first thing I noticed riding the 09. With non heated grips that could be an issue on a cold day.

Did you find one to buy?
    2012 Concours 14
    AMA & IBA (SS1000) member
    2008 Z1000 (another bike I should not have sold)

I believe he ended up traveling a bit and found a nice 2010 model.he 2010 is a great choice. Still almost 100% current, but better bodywork. I dont think ti looks as nice, bit the 10 bodywork is way, way better.
    2012 Ninja 1000 all green - Brembo 330mm rotors - AK20 fork cartridges -Penske shock-slipper -Ivans reflash...Leo Vince slip on and Arrow header

4. Remove Advertisements
    RiderForums.com
    Advertisements

Sorry guys I have not been on the forum for a while.

Yep I picked up a low mileage 2012 candy Arabian red one.

One owner and only 1400 miles on it.

Found it in Idaho.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkerjet View Post
    Sorry guys I have not been on the forum for a while.

Yep I picked up a low mileage 2012 candy Arabian red one.

One owner and only 1400 miles on it.

Found it in Idaho.
    Found a California bike in Utah? Did you fly and ride?
    Skill is what keeps you on two wheels.

Situational awareness combined with skill is what keeps you out of harm's way.

ATGATT combined with Situational Awareness and Skill means you might live to ride another day when that deer runs into your bike or that drunk blows through that stop sign.

Quote Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
    Found a California bike in Utah? Did you fly and ride?
    No it's an Idaho bike. My son lives there so the title and reg are in both of our names.

Reg is only $34 a year and it does not have an evap canister. So every time I top off the tank it leaves a salute to Al Gore on the ground...Aka a small puddle of 91 octane.

Yep I jumped on SouthWest to Boise and my son picked me up and dropped me off at the Dealership.

Spent a few days with him then took 3 days to get home the long and twisty way.
    twowheeladdict likes this.

I'm talking myself into buying one. The local dealer has a new 2015 marked at 13,099.00 and a 1750 rebate. The 560.00 freight brings it to 11,909. Too good to pass up?

awesome bikes I use to own a 2009. I put 7300 miles on it over 11 days riding from NC to San Diego CA and back and who knows how many trips to the NC/TN mountains. If you like knocking out consecutive 500 to 700 mile days its hard to beat a well setup C14.

If you are slicing up interstates, 500-700 miles at a time, in four seasons, and you do it alot, then yes. Any other circumstance, I say no. I'm at 5500 miles on mine and I'm already bored with it. It puts me to sleep in deep south summertime for sure. It's just too heavy and has a total lack of drama, which has its place, but not in a motorcycle for me. I much prefer my little ZR7 for up to 500 mile days in three seasons. I'm trading the C14 on something totally impractical to get the drama back.
    Obo likes this.
    2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"

Obo
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyFlip View Post
    If you are slicing up interstates, 500-700 miles at a time, in four seasons, and you do it alot, then yes. Any other circumstance, I say no. I'm at 5500 miles on mine and I'm already bored with it. It puts me to sleep in deep south summertime for sure. It's just too heavy and has a total lack of drama, which has its place, but not in a motorcycle for me. I much prefer my little ZR7 for up to 500 mile days in three seasons. I'm trading the C14 on something totally impractical to get the drama back.
    I think I'd like to be bored with one for a while though.
    2004 Kawasaki ZR-7S
    complete with extra "stuff"

This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email/message/posting do not consent to the retrieving or storing of this communication and any related metadata, as well as printing, copying, re-transmitting, disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you believe you have received this communication in error, please delete it immediately.

That's what I thought, too. And I was not disappointed.
    2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"

Quote Originally Posted by Obo View Post

I think I'd like to be bored with one for a while though.
    I was bored with one for 30,000 miles in 3 years. Of course when you run 90 or above and pick you time to pass it is not so boring. When you are loaded to the max and man handling it in the mountain roads, not so boring. When you are bouncing off the Rev limiter in 2nd gear, not so boring.

Yes, it all depends on the conditions and your disposition.
    2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyFlip View Post
    Thats exactly why I sold the bike and bought a Ninja 1000.

Daddy, thats a great description of whats right/wrong with this bike. Its not just the rider who notices it , either. If my wife and I are going soemewhere, about 80% of the time, I get accused of driving slow.

Then we go to, "DID you see cars pass me?"

Here, "No, no I didn't ..it just felt slow."

When this bike was introduced, back in late 07, there was talk of it not being imported into the usa. The GTR 1400 was to be for Europe, only, and the higher speed limits available.

If you can hold it at 120-130 for a few hrs, the bike really comes into its element. Wind protection, power, etc start to make sense at that speed. Not so much at 70-80.

Trying to keep it within legal limits starts this dialogue in my brain...

"OK, Monday morning, Im going to the state capitol. I need to lobby for 140mph speed limits. 80 is too slow..."
    twowheeladdict likes this.
    2012 Ninja 1000 all green - Brembo 330mm rotors - AK20 fork cartridges -Penske shock-slipper -Ivans reflash...Leo Vince slip on and Arrow header

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links