RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

Rizoma Circuit 998 mirrors

5K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Plowboy 
#1 ·
I bought these mirrors and tried to put them on my Z1000 today and I failed! Who would have thought that it would be tricky to put on mirrors! Anyway, I screwed them into the existing "screw-in" area on the bike, where the stock mirrors came out of. Then, after they were screwed in tightly I slid the mirror shaft (little pole that the mirror is attached to) then I tighten the little hex nut with my little Allen wrench but when fully tightened, they don't hold the mirror shaft tightly. Can someone help me with this?
Thanks
EJ

#5 ·
I ordered those same mirrors. What problem did you have installing them. Mine aren't in yet, so I'm curious of troubles you may have had. I'm about as mechanically inclined as a rock.

Do these mirrors bolt right onto the existing mounts or do you have to clamp them on the handlebars separately?

#6 ·
I've got the 998 mirrors as well...

they bolt right on - no modifications.

One of them recently broke (somebody? whacked it in the parking lot) and talking with Motostrano the black 998 mirror is backordered throughout the states - unknown when they will get more.

#8 ·
help?

Ok, I'm an idiot. My Circuit 998 Rizoma mirrors are here. Removed stock mirrors, bolt from 998 mirrors fits nicely on the existing hardware on the bike. However, the bolt inside the Rizoma mirror is free spinning with no way to screw into the existing hardware on the handlebars.....? What am I missing?

#9 ·
rizoma mirrors

dont worry!! very easy solution. I was in the exact same boat you were. The only thing you are doing wrong (as I was) is when you are screwing in the bolt the threading part that the bolt is going into is backwards. Turn the female end around so you are not scrwing into the end with no thread. It might sound confusing but it is really easy. I was totally in the smae boat. Its easy.
You are not missing any pieces. Just relax and do what I said.

#12 ·
Purchased from motostrano.com.

Beware: they'll get you for about $195 for product + shipping. Also, the view from them is even more restricted than the stock mirrors.

However, they look BADASS. The quality of the mirrors also is A++. They even have a slight blue tint in the glass. They are expensive but are 10 times the quality over stock and 100 times the look! Italian made!

#14 ·
rizoma mirrors

Received mine yesterday and decided to replace them today but
have a few questions since I ran into some problems. To recap, I
removed the stock mirrors and stock base. Then I installed the
rizoma mirror by screwing in the base then installing the mirror
arm/shaft.

1) After tightening everything, I started the bike up and
noticed the whole mirror arm/shaft was sliding down due to the
vibration of the bike. I tried tightening the small hex nut with
at the base but it won't tighten any further. The whole arm
seems very loose and don't know what else to do.
2) There was a bolt and fastener that came with each mirror (two
for the right side one) ... Did you use them? What are they for?

Thanks again for all your help!
ManZmaN

#16 ·
I just put mine on last week and had to ponder a couple of things too. What holds the rod tight in the base is the piece that fits inside the base and a screw. The piece that goes inside the base can go in two different ways. One way won't hold the rod, the other way works. Take it apart and turn that piece around.

#18 ·
Plowboy,
Hey that your Z? Nice Belly Pan, Where did you get it from??? And was it already painted?? Thanks In Advance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.