2017 is almost mine!

Logo

2017 is almost mine!

This is a discussion on 2017 is almost mine! within the 5th Gen Z1000/Ninja 1000 forums, part of the Kawasaki Z1000, Ninja 1000, Z800, Z750 & Z-750S category; Hey all I requested this sub-forum so I figured that I should start the first thread. :-) My new bike has just arrived at the ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By robertv19
  • 2 Post By HighRiseHanger
  • 1 Post By robertv19
  • 2 Post By twowheeladdict
  • 2 Post By khunglarsen

Thread: 2017 is almost mine!

2017 is almost mine!

Hey all

I requested this sub-forum so I figured that I should start the first thread. :-)
    My new bike has just arrived at the dealership, but the weather here is still unsettled, so I likely won't be picking it up for a few weeks.
    It'll be replacing my 2013 N1K which I have enjoyed, but am looking forward to the upgrades that have been introduced in the 4 years since my bike was released.
    Super excited to put some miles on it.
    More to come!

Anyone else making the leap?

Cheers,

Rob
    WERA689 likes this.

Admin
    Supporting Member
    Not me, but I'm content to live it through you! Can't wait til you pick her up and crack the throttle!

I put a deposit on the new 2017 last week, upgrading from the 650. I won't be able to get it until sometime May, but I still have two wheels to have fun on.

A guy on YouTube, David Hobson, has a handful of videos of him testing out the 2017. More footage than all the magazine sites combined.
    WERA689 and robertv19 like this.
    Facta, Non Verba

4. Remove Advertisements
    RiderForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by HighRiseHanger View Post
    I put a deposit on the new 2017 last week, upgrading from the 650. I won't be able to get it until sometime May, but I still have two wheels to have fun on.

A guy on YouTube, David Hobson, has a handful of videos of him testing out the 2017. More footage than all the magazine sites combined.
    Oh yes...I've watched every minute of his videos.
    I especially like the one where he is riding at night to show how awesome the new headlights are.

Kawasaki should pay him royalties as he will probably sell a lot of bikes for them!

I get my bike on April 15th!
    Happy Easter to me!

Cheers

Rob
    WERA689 likes this.

Enjoy your new ride. Do any of your accessories move over to the new bike?

I have yet to replace a bike with the same or newer model of the same.
    I have only repeated one cage with a different level of the same model because I needed more engine.

To much variety out there. Many differenr riding experiences to explore.

Maybe I am compensating for being with the same woman for almost 38 years.
    bearclaw and robertv19 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
    Enjoy your new ride. Do any of your accessories move over to the new bike?

I have yet to replace a bike with the same or newer model of the same.
    I have only repeated one cage with a different level of the same model because I needed more engine.

To much variety out there. Many differenr riding experiences to explore.

Maybe I am compensating for being with the same woman for almost 38 years.
    Lol! I have only been married for 7 years and I hear you. ;-)

Your question is a good one.
    I *think* the Sargent seat will fit/work...Sargent couldn't tell me as they haven't got their hands on a 2017 yet. I'm keeping it regardless and if it doesn't fit, it will go up for sale.
    I'll leave the Puig screen on my trade-in as the new screen is a 4-bolt pattern and want to try the new stock screen first before deciding to replace it.

As for the full Akro 4-into-2 header and pipes - I don't think it will fit the 2017. I'd like to keep it, but:
    -I am getting extra $ for it on the trade
    -I've never replaced an exhaust before - don't want to screw it up at this point
    -not sure how to manage the fueling/ECU with the new electronics on the 2017 -> basically don't want to be the guinea pig at this point

Cheers,

Rob

I'm strongly considering making the jump to the 2017 model. For now, I am riding a 2013 Ninja 1000 ABS. I am able to sell myself one of these bikes at a significant discount. If anyone is in NC, or willing to make the drive, I am able to save you real money on this motorcycle. Shoot me a PM anytime! I look forward to deciding to make the leap. Still not sure when I will decide to do so.

I know I dropped a bomb above with the discount info, but I will say it's a steep discount, plus freight charges covered. We add simple $94 doc fee (below industry standard), $75 tag (subsidized by us, for NC residents only), and 3% state mandated sales tax (3%, NC residents only). The out the door cost for a NC resident is just under $11,600 (for an exact figure, contact me via PM). Plus we offer 15% off all gear and accessories for life (membership card given to buyer) with the ability to finance the parts/gear on the loan as well.

Happy buying and I look forward to getting on this machine for a review.
    Last edited by 13NinjaSix50; 04-17-17 at 10:52 PM.
    2013 Ninja 650
    2013 Ninja 1000 ABS

New bike is in the garage...pictures and first impressions/thoughts to follow.
    Stay tuned, but for now all I can say is "wow"!

Rob

How much lower is the new seat? (Lower is the wrong direction for me)
    Bob
    Ebony 2011 N1K ~ IXIL SX1 full exhaust ~ NC V-stream Touring Wndscreen ~ Acerbis Dual-Road handguards ~ Motospecialties mirror extenders ~ Motowerk foot peg lowering blocks & brake lever nut ~ Versys foot pegs ~ 16T front sprocket ~ T-Rex sliders ~ Sargent seat ~ SBW Concepts Scout mini tank bag ~ Ventura luggage system ~ Pirelli Angel GT's ~ Blue Seas USB power outlet ~ LED city lights ~ Bell RS-1 helmet

Quote Originally Posted by BobN54 View Post
    How much lower is the new seat? (Lower is the wrong direction for me)
    Hi Bob
    I believe that the seat is about 5mm lower than previous stock seat - however I had a Sargent on my previous bike and they are lower as well so not much different for me.
    Rob

I picked up mine on April 23 and have now put 1023 miles on it riding every day. It handles so well in the Seattle rain. Using a RAM Mount for the phone so that I have GPS and traffic updates, also ordered a Yoshi fender eliminator.

Anyone know of better bags than the small hard cases from Kawasaki?
    robertv19 and detonate69 like this.

Not sure if they'll have them yet, but SW Motech will likely be coming out with a rack system that works with the Givi V35 side cases.
    I had this setup on my 2013 and the bags do hold more, although they don't integrate as nicely as the OEM bags do.

Rob

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links