4th gen Z1000 diet

Logo

4th gen Z1000 diet

This is a discussion on 4th gen Z1000 diet within the 4th Gen Z1000/Ninja 1000 forums, part of the Kawasaki Z1000, Ninja 1000, Z800, Z750 & Z-750S category; Does anyone here have an idea of how much weight can be trimmed off the 4th gen Z1K without changing out the headers? like going ...

Smile 4th gen Z1000 diet

Does anyone here have an idea of how much weight can be trimmed off the 4th gen Z1K without changing out the headers? like going with slip-ons, tail tidy, changing out the mirrors etc. Lol, of course the rider's weight factors in but i'm just talking about the bike

At 8#/gallon, gas is the biggest savings. Just ride around on fumes & save a bunch of weight.

Mufflers to light slip-ons are the biggest single savings at 10-12#.

Battery to Lithium saves ~6# or so.

High $$$ alloy wheels will save several pounds per wheel and it's also unsprung weight.

Mirrors and tail module are only a couple pounds apiece so savings will be minimal.

Passenger pegs save a tiny bit.

Passenger grab handles weigh a few pounds.

Toss the tool kit and save 5# or so.

Look here for even more already tried ideas:
    3rd Gen Z1000 Weight Reduction Guide - Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums

There's even a spreadsheet you can fill in and get a weight estimate. Nearly everything should apply to the 4th gen.
    2014 Ninja w/bags, Motowerks lowered pegs, Sargent Seat, Vstream tour screen, Givi XS306 tank bag, WOLO BadBoy, Aerostitch Roadcrafter.

Thanks, just trying to get an idea, so it seems you can shave about 20 lbs of weight. The lightweight batteries seem to save about 2-4 lbs would that be about the right amount. The alloy wheels are just to much $$$, the battery, tail tidy, mirrors and slip-ons are more what i'm looking at. What brand is a good lightweight battery

4. Remove Advertisements
    RiderForums.com
    Advertisements

In all honesty the bike has so much power that unless you're racing I don't see the benefit. I mean, I get made fun of by my friends too for my bike because stock weight tips over the 500 pound mark, but when I smoke them in the twisties and the straights it normally shut them up pretty quick.
    Happiness is a warm motor.

You are right Hunter, honestly you are......with that being said, the z will still feel nicer, under those circumstances if its 30 lbs lighter.

With a full exhaust and a shorai battery, thats pretty close to -30 right there.

I will buy another Shorai battery, when needed. Mines over 3 years old and is as good as new. I know other brands are good, too, but this one never let me down.

The full exhaust is a 2 for 1 sort of thing. More power, and less weight starts to be even more fun.

I cant speak for the others, but these projects were fun to do in the winter time when you cant ride, anyway. It becomes soemthign to look forward to.
    Last edited by rcannon409; 05-16-17 at 06:23 AM.
    2012 Ninja 1000 all green - Brembo 330mm rotors - AK20 fork cartridges -Penske shock-slipper -Ivans reflash...Leo Vince slip on and Arrow header

Arrow

When i dropped pre-chamber and cat i literally heard the bike sigh in relief... "aaaahhhhhhh" i felt the deletion of all that unsprung weight immediately and every turn.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFb...d71vBJkWpHlkww

Quote Originally Posted by rcannon409 View Post
    You are right Hunter, honestly you are......with that being said, the z will still feel nicer, under those circumstances if its 30 lbs lighter.

With a full exhaust and a shorai battery, thats pretty close to -30 right there.

I will buy another Shorai battery, when needed. Mines over 3 years old and is as good as new. I know other brands are good, too, but this one never let me down.

The full exhaust is a 2 for 1 sort of thing. More power, and less weight starts to be even more fun.

I cant speak for the others, but these projects were fun to do in the winter time when you cant ride, anyway. It becomes soemthign to look forward to.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links